1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got the Aisin on there need a few tips

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by FJ55partsBoise, Feb 9, 2004.

1. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

I got the Aisin to fit (the Rochester never seemed quite right). I need a few suggestions on how to get this Aisin setup right. I have a Aisin carb on the truck and it seems to fit well. I need some things like fuel line, linkage setups for the throttle , linkage setups for the choke, aircleaner setup that works with JTO MINI PS.

1) I have a blank single choke cable that comes from the firewall and doesn't appear to be stock or work well with the Aisin choke. I need a correct choke cable. Am I overlooking something? Is there a Toyota stock cable?

2) My throttle linkage ends at the small arm which extends from the firewall. It does appear that this also has a piece missing. The piece that is missing would connect to the carb from the small arm.

3) I need a fuel line that connects to the Aisin carb.

4) A aircleaner setup which works for the Aisin carb but clears the JT outfitters mini truck powersteering. Is KN the only option here?

Any suggestions? Please send pics to riddlespokane@earthlink.net. I have a deadline to get this truck running of February 19th.

Thanks

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    1- I do not see any reason why you would need a Toyota specific choke cable, as anything aftermarket would mount similarily, and perform the same function. Can you not get the end through the connector on the carb, or will the cable holder on the carb not secure the cable?

2-depending again on the year of your truck, there could be another piece of linkage missing and a pivot that transfers the up and down motion to side to side motion. I would look at linkage pics on SOR's diagrams and see what you have, and what is missing.

3-Not too hard to find

4- how about some pics of the fittment issues here, and the PS pump in the way.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    Ok, my dumb ass found your info... :slap:

I seems to me that you are probably missing some pieces in this picture..

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat042b.tam?xax=768

#51, 53, 55, etc...

Get a used fuel line from someone out here, and cut it, rinse it with carb cleaner, and tie your rubber hose into it, you are then good to go.

REMEMBER TO HOOK UP THAT WIRE FROM THE CARB TO A SWITCHED 12V.

It is the idle solenoid, when you turn your key to the on position, it must click, if it does not, your truck will not idle, or if it does, it will be very poorly.

Hope this helps!!

Good luck!!

-Steve

4. FJ55partsBoise

FJ55partsBoise

Steve first of all thanks. I was hesitant about using a new post as I figured I amy lose some of the original info. My apologies.

1974 FJ40, with a 2f, 4speed, mini truck PS

1- I do not see any reason why you would need a Toyota specific choke cable, as anything aftermarket would mount similarily, and perform the same function. Can you not get the end through the connector on the carb, or will the cable holder on the carb not secure the cable? The cable fits in the hole. I think there is even a cable holder on the valve cover that is designed to hold the choke cable. I need my feet on the dash in a crew style pull to get the cable out. That is why I posted this problem. Pulling a choke should not require feet and a back to get it out. I thought I was missing something obvious.

2-"depending again on the year of your truck, there could be another piece of linkage missing and a pivot that transfers the up and down motion to side to side motion. I would look at linkage pics on SOR's diagrams and see what you have, and what is missing." 1974 Fj40 made in Oct 1973, originally with a F engine. The PO left me with a POS rochester with a homeade linkage for the awful carb. I took all that off and have a few missing pieces. I did check SOR and my eyes were playign tricks on me. I cannot tell what I need from their photos and buying all of it is way out of line.

I seems to me that you are probably missing some pieces in this picture..
    http://www.sor.com/sor/cat042b.tam?xax=768 #51, 53, 55, etc...

3) Get a used fuel line from someone out here, and cut it, rinse it with carb cleaner, and tie your rubber hose into it, you are then good to go. Thanks I think I have one found already.

4) I don't have photos but here is the basic problem. The truck PS pump with the JTO bracket is right where the aiercleaner goes. I was hoping someone woucl or would suggest a round aircleaner from another vehicle with a 3 inch neck at the base, 4 inches to 6 inches in height and no more than 8 inches across. I already combed the wrecking yards for this with no luck.

This is valuable advice thanks a ton....REMEMBER TO HOOK UP THAT WIRE FROM THE CARB TO A SWITCHED 12V. It is the idle solenoid, when you turn your key to the on position, it must click, if it does not, your truck will not idle, or if it does, it will be very poorly.

Hope this helps!!

Good luck!!

-Steve
    Posted by: Poser Posted on: Today at 08:29:06pm

Again thanks

Aaron Riddle

5. Poser

Media:
    Albums:
    Arron...

Give me a call.