Got Pulled over by Abby 5-0 today.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got pulled over by the Abbotsford Police on the way home from work today.
It was not for speeding, it was not for a mechanical, it was not for excess smoke...It was for going "too" slow up a steep hill by my office. (King & Riverside)
I was doing 25km/h in a 50 zone.

The officer thought I was impaired or on my cell phone.
Sorry to disappoint officer, It's a big old Landcruiser with 100HP diesel engine... It's really this slow. I don't like revving it high when it's cold...

He didn't believe me... "It can't be that slow, he said, You MUST do as close to the speed limits as possible!" ... "It's dangerous not to"
Huh? Since when do you have to "do" the speed limit?

It's not like I was impeding traffic, He was the only car behind me and I got to speed at the top of the hill! Jerk! :censor:

If a fully loaded Dump Truck was going up the same hill even slower, would he pull him over as well? Don't think so...

I get the fact it may seem a bit odd to a "non car guy" that I "should" be going faster. I get that he needs to follow up to to see if I was impaired or on my phone, that's ok.... but am I out of line thinking he's a bit of a goof to think that I was lying that my HJ60 is really that slow? :hmm:

One of the reasons I turboed my 3B was that hill. 2nd gear and maybe third at the crest on the first corner if I was lucky in my '42.

So, did you get a ticket?

It was not for speeding, it was not for a mechanical, it was not for excess smoke...It was for going "too" slow up a steep hill by my office. (King & Riverside)

Sorry to disappoint officer, It's a big old Landcruiser with 100HP diesel engine... It's really this slow. I don't like revving it high when it's cold...

He didn't believe me... "It can't be that slow, he said, You MUST do as close to the speed limits as possible!" ... "It's dangerous not to"

It's not like I was impeding traffic, He was the only car behind me and I got to speed at the top of the hill! Jerk! :censor:

If a fully loaded Dump Truck was going up the same hill even slower, would he pull him over as well? Don't think so...

I get the fact it may seem a bit odd to a "non car guy" that I "should" be going faster. I get that he needs to follow up to to see if I was impaired or on my phone, that's ok.... but am I out of line thinking he's a bit of a goof to think that I was lying that my HJ60 is really that slow? :hmm:

BC MVA

Slow driving
145 (1) A person must not drive a motor vehicle at so slow a speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

(2) If the driver of a motor vehicle is driving at so slow a speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, a peace officer may require the driver to increase his or her speed, or to remove the motor vehicle from the roadway to the nearest suitable place and to refrain from causing or allowing the motor vehicle to move from that place until directed to do so by a peace officer.

slowass... If I was a cop I would have busted you and given you a VI.

Ah, it doesn't bother me... I usually have to wait at the 4 way anyways at the top of the hill! lol I can get out of second and into 3rd at the crest of the hill.

No ticket... he just shook his head and walked away.
I was wise enough to keep the engine running to "show" him it was a Diesel! :p

Not sure what the ticket would be for?

reasonable

Define reasonable? lol
That's really open for interpretation.

I start a steep hill at a standstill (3way stop).. Accelerate to 25-30km... hold it for 200M and then I crest the hill 45.

lol, VI all you want. Nothing wrong with my 60, it's mint... It came this slow from the factory! :cool:

I have to laugh at this. Picture this....I hauled a 23 foot travel trailer across the country and back with THAT truck.

LOL. The tickets I coulda had. :)

BC MVA
slowass... If I was a cop I would have busted you and given you a anal probe and then turn you around and force you to take a breathalyzer with the same probe.

This is what would happen if Graham ever became a cop.

Respect My Authoritah!

I've never been pulled over. The 5spd is a bit slow on that hill because of the gearing. The Auto has no problem getting up to 50 kph there. The hill is very steep and any loaded vehicle is going to have problems from a full stop to get up to speed right away. Perhaps you should have offered him a test drive if he didn't believe you. I'd like to see them pull over a few of those mopeds that drive down the centre of the road at 30-40 kph.

He could have ticketed you but didn't. He accepted your explanation. He is doing his job. Doesn't sound like the cop is much of a jerk to me.

I would have called him a jerk if he wasted a lot of your time or walked around your truck looking for something to VI.

Find some perspective.

Yes I would VI most of your asses if I was a cop. lol

John - what is your address? I'll have someone head right over...

Last edited:
Just think of all the tickets you can save if you just buy a gas 80

Had one... sold it for HJ60... The ticket(s) would still be cheaper! lol

On my daily commute to work I use 1/2 the amount of fuel... which works out to a $250-$300 saving a month for me!
My 80 got 12-14mpg.. the HJ60 gets 23-25... but it takes me 5min longer to get to work. To me, it's a fair trade!

He could have ticketed you but didn't. He accepted your explanation. He is doing his job. Doesn't sound like the cop is much of a jerk to me.

I would have called him a jerk if he wasted a lot of your time or walked around your truck looking for something to VI.

Find some perspective.

Yes I would VI most of your asses if I was a cop. lol

John - what is your address? I'll have someone head right over...

I'm sure Graham will make a special house call to inspect your ass John. It's kind of obvious at meetings that he is eyeing you up when your around, he's got a thing for web wheelers butt. :hillbilly:

Had one... sold it for HJ60... The ticket(s) would still be cheaper! lol

On my daily commute to work I use 1/2 the amount of fuel... which works out to a $250-$300 saving a month for me!
My 80 got 12-14mpg.. the HJ60 gets 23-25... but it takes me 5min longer to get to work. To me, it's a fair trade!

He had one.

Wow, Jeremy, for being such a glorified web "wee"ler, you sure do type slow! :hillbilly: Not only did he type a million more than you, his responce was a lot quicker as well.:p

Wow, Jeremy, for being such a glorified web "wee"ler, you sure do type slow! :hillbilly: Not only did he type a million more than you, his responce was a lot quicker as well.:p

I know just turned 35 so I'm old and slow now.

I had opened the thread before a meeting, had the meeting then replied 30min later with out refreshing the screen.......I hate being OLD!

Last edited:
No, when you reach 40... you are ok with going slow and steady.... you will get there eventually! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom