Got new tires - 35x12.5 MT/R Kevlars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rc-offroad.com
Did a lot of reading up on these tires, as well as the new KM2s. It was a hard choice, but the new MT/R seemed to be the better overall tire. My only concern is tread life, as nobody has had them very long yet.

I'm done wheeling for the year, so I won't know how they handle our trails until late spring. I'll need to get some gearing before then as well, it was hard enough on the clutch with the 33's when I got in the rocks. I'll post up how they handle the snowy roads once the snow starts flying though.

CRW_0363.jpg

CRW_0365.jpg

CRW_0366.jpg

CRW_0367.jpg

CRW_0364.jpg

:) nice, what did they run? Where did you get you bumbers and sliders? Did you build them your self?

I've been looking at them too, so I'm interested to see what you think of them.

I'm still a bit confused by the tread pattern. So the wide lugs go to the outside even though that reverses the tread on one side?

love these tires!!! can't wait to get a set myself, currently in the "saving" process.

I have talked to a lot of folks here in Colorado and have had nothing but good reviews, including a lot of people who have put on a number of miles and are happy with the longevity of the compound.

I will be replacing my very disappointing $1,200 swamper SSR's that I wheeled for only ONE season (about 14,000 miles) and wore them completely out! sick!!!!! :crybaby:

Great build up thread, really had the info I needed, great truck!

Nice, definitely interested in hearing your opinion on these tires. For me as well it is a toss up between the new MTRs, or the new BFGs.

I've spent the past couple months reading reviews on both tires, in the end I felt the MTR was the better tire for what I wanted out of them. The KM2's look better and are cheaper, and known to last 50-60k. But the MTR seems to be stronger, and hooks up better on the road and on the trails.

I've been looking at them too, so I'm interested to see what you think of them.

I'm still a bit confused by the tread pattern. So the wide lugs go to the outside even though that reverses the tread on one side?

Its strange seeing the one side looking backwards, but that is how goodyear designed them. They say on the sidewall which side should be facing out.

love these tires!!! can't wait to get a set myself, currently in the "saving" process.

I have talked to a lot of folks here in Colorado and have had nothing but good reviews, including a lot of people who have put on a number of miles and are happy with the longevity of the compound.

I will be replacing my very disappointing $1,200 swamper SSR's that I wheeled for only ONE season (about 14,000 miles) and wore them completely out! sick!!!!! :crybaby:

Thats very good to hear, its hard finding any decent reviews online yet being they are still so new. I won't even really be able to give a review on them my self till next summer, no plans to wheel again until then. I needed to get tires before snow fall though.

Those looks pretty damn nice man. What size rim you running?

15x8's with 4" BS I think? I am also running 1.5" spacers all around.

It snowed Monday morning, and I could not get the tires to break loose like I could my swampers. Part of that is gearing, now I feel I need to regear the axles soon :doh: Truck was fine with the 35's on alloy rims that it came with, as well as the 33" swampers on had on these steel rims. But the new tires are heavy and I can feel them bogging the truck down quite a bit more.

I think that the MT/R will be my next tire. The Firestone Destination M/T I am running are a great tire and do well. But are limited on size selection. I like the Kevlar thing to. I'm anxious to hear about tread life and more reviews on performance too.

If only they made them in 33x10.50R15... :mad:

So far they have been great on the street, but I won't be wheeling them till next spring. I'll post up how they handle the snowy roads once we get some decent snow fall.

Wow that looks great. I've been thinking those are the tires I want when my 15year old big o at tires finally wear out. Or I have the money. whichever comes first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom