Got My MTR's (305/70-16) Pics! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Hey Guys

By a stroke of luck i got my MTR's today. I heard of the national shortage of the 305/70-16's so i went to my local discount tire to buy the 285's and when i inquired about the 285's, the guy replied "Would you possibly be interested in the 305/70's"? I said "Hell Yes, Why"? Guy replies, "A customer ordered them about a month ago and they have been sitting here since then" and he couldnt sell them. Long story short, he offeres me the 305's for the cost of the 285's, i am grinning ear to ear and got them.

Still waiting on the front ARB though:

Here are some pics! Also, see below for stock tires 4 Sale:

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

One thing that was immediately apparent with the bigger meats was the need of the caster correction bushings! It was OK with the stockers, but now seems to be harder to steer and return to center! Anyone know a reputable mechanic in San Diego to do this? I dont have a press!

I am also selling the stock Michelin LTX's (Size: 275/70-16) that have less then 10k on them and 85-90% tread left. Email me if interested: speicher@san.rr.com

Last edited:
Very nice, you are moving super fast on this rig and I thought I was fast. Looks really good.

That ARB is going to look saweet on your cruiser. Nice buildup so far. :cheers:

If you order the castor bushings from Christo Slee I believe he includes a press tool to help you out.

Food for thought.

Nice, nice looking meats on that rig.

If you pull the links out to press the bushings, most machine shops should have a press.

Doc said:
If you order the castor bushings from Christo Slee I believe he includes a press tool to help you out.

Food for thought.

Nice, nice looking meats on that rig.

Yeah, i got the bushings and the tool from slee, all i need now is a press! :D

lx450landcruiser said:
man take the running boards off yuck.... but sweet looking rig fo sho

Hanna Sliders coming soon!

nyk438 said:
That ARB is going to look saweet on your cruiser. Nice buildup so far. :cheers:

thanks

cary said:
If you pull the links out to press the bushings, most machine shops should have a press.

Yup, that is what it looks like i am doing

thanks

Biff said:
How about rear bumper, or are you going to wait on that?

I havent decided on one that is "In Production" yet. The bumpers out there for $1500-2000 are nice and all but none offer a real 2" Reciever ready to go (which i need)

I might end up designing and making my own to look something like the one i had on my 60:

2145290-R1-020-8A.jpg

and
9943600-R1-004-0A.jpg

and
See More Pics: http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/rearbumper.htm

Kinda hard to drop like $1500-2000 and then also have to "Work" on the bumper to install a 2" Reciever.

Christo just replied to my inquiry and said they are developing a bumper with the 2" almost ready to go. I will wait for their product to come out, but dropping close to 2k for a bumper that needs "Finishing" doesnt sit too well with me. Granted he makes AWESOME stuff, no questions there, but for that much $, i want to bolt it on and go!

http://www.4x4labs.com/products/bumpers.html looks like they might be an option too! AWESOME stuff! but i am a touchy feely guy and like to see stuff in person before i drop that much $ for it!

Not sure what i am going to do on that yet but that is currently the least of my worrys! I need to find someone to install my OME Caster bushings! :D

Hay nice rig mangler .. Its fun and addictive, its like it never stops ... I like the hanna sliders but its just money..

parabola said:
Looks great! I wish I could move as quickly on my rig as you are!

Thanks. I had a budget for the rig and ended up finding one that wasnt "Ideal" for MUCH less then an ideal one. I picked this one up CHEAP because of the color (green and champange seem to be VERY cheap in So Cal for some reason), no lockers, and there was some slight front end damage. I took the $ i saved and dumped it into mods after i fixed up the front end. Very happy so far! I am in no rush for lockers anyway for what i will be using this for! They will eventually be added though!

Boston Mangler said:
Kinda hard to drop like $1500-2000 and then also have to "Work" on the bumper to install a 2" Reciever.

Christo just replied to my inquiry and said they are developing a bumper with the 2" almost ready to go. I will wait for their product to come out, but dropping close to 2k for a bumper that needs "Finishing" doesnt sit too well with me. Granted he makes AWESOME stuff, no questions there, but for that much $, i want to bolt it on and go!

Well there is a rear bumper in production with a 2" receiver....;)

Iron Pig rear bumper with 2" receiver...

I have seen it perform in person...very tough and capable...VA to Cali might be a problem for you though....

Boston Mangler said:
Christo just replied to my inquiry and said they are developing a bumper with the 2" almost ready to go. I will wait for their product to come out, but dropping close to 2k for a bumper that needs "Finishing" doesnt sit too well with me. Granted he makes AWESOME stuff, no questions there, but for that much $, i want to bolt it on and go

Maybe I need to just clarrify a little. We wanted to retain the complete bolt on approach for the main bumper as it has always been, but offer the 2" receiver that does not hang below the bumper for people that want that. The only way to do that is to stick the receiver into the rear cross member.

So we have now changed the bumper to have a large rectangular cutout where the 4 holes are on the rear crossmember. The bumper as shipped is supplied with a cover plate that gets bolted (using the existing holes). Not mods and the bumper is still 100% bolt on.

Now the receiver part we are developing will go through this hole and bolt on. However the catch is that you will be required to cut a whole in the rear crossmember and drill 4 mounting holes through the bumper and rear crossmember. That is it. The designed is based on how CDan did his receiver and I have to thank him for his work when he did this mod earlier.

No mods need to made to the bumper itself. Drilling the holes is not less of an issue than doing it when installing a Kaymar and having to drill the holes for the latch or cutting the crossmember is less intrusive on the truck than removing the complete rear crossmember like the 4x4 Labs bumper. Nothing against any of those products, just wanted to clarrify the desing and installation.

The receiver piece will be a optional piece.

TX_TLC said:
Well there is a rear bumper in production with a 2" receiver....;)

Iron Pig rear bumper with 2" receiver...

I have seen it perform in person...very tough and capable...VA to Cali might be a problem for you though....

Oooh, i like that! Problem is, i seen one of those bumpers (FJ55 Model) fall apart at last years Surf and Turf.

sleeoffroad said:
Maybe I need to just clarrify a little. We wanted to retain the complete bolt on approach for the main bumper as it has always been, but offer the 2" receiver that does not hang below the bumper for people that want that. The only way to do that is to stick the receiver into the rear cross member.

So we have now changed the bumper to have a large rectangular cutout where the 4 holes are on the rear crossmember. The bumper as shipped is supplied with a cover plate that gets bolted (using the existing holes). Not mods and the bumper is still 100% bolt on.

Now the receiver part we are developing will go through this hole and bolt on. However the catch is that you will be required to cut a whole in the rear crossmember and drill 4 mounting holes through the bumper and rear crossmember. That is it. The designed is based on how CDan did his receiver and I have to thank him for his work when he did this mod earlier.

No mods need to made to the bumper itself. Drilling the holes is not less of an issue than doing it when installing a Kaymar and having to drill the holes for the latch or cutting the crossmember is less intrusive on the truck than removing the complete rear crossmember like the 4x4 Labs bumper. Nothing against any of those products, just wanted to clarrify the desing and installation.

The receiver piece will be a optional piece.

Thanks For Clarifying that Christo, i misunderstood!

i would love to see some pics and i am very interested in seeing this, hopefully buying one! Will it be about the same cost as the current one??

Also, thanks for your recommendations for my OME springs and shocks, the install went great and the ride is awesome! You now have a loyal customer!
Now, i just have to get those bushings in!

Thanks Christo, I (and i am sure others) look forward to the pics of this new bumper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom