Got my INTI roof rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

back in Venezuela, all the accessories cost almost the same as here, plus freight...:grinpimp: ...sometimes more...
1k$ avg for a winch
1k$ avg for a set of tires
the price should be the same, but if you order a bunch of it, then you can play a little bit with pricing...not too much...I guess
Insurance for a new car will be at least 10% of car sticker price, no matter how well you drive…A gun is also required…:whoops:
They also have Christmas Bonus and vacation bonus (Utilidades) over there, and we are talking about 4 months of salary if you work for a nice “American” company…:censor: Venezuelans or Venezolanos!!! but back into the roof rack, I do know Alvaro, but I’m also a happy customer…the Inti roof rack rocks!:beer:

Whats the difference between the 3/4 rack and the Full rack ? any Pictures to compare? Also whats the Price difference... and possibly the Avi. of getting a Full rack? Thanks
-Ron

Ron,

The 3/4 rack goes from about 10 inches from the back of the roof to about the 1/3 above the sunroof. When you add the light cage, then there's less than 10 inches from the front of the rack to the windshield. The roof rack is 73 inches long (without the light cage) by the with of the truck.

Right now what Mudrak has in stock are 3/4 racks for the 60 and 80 series. All with light cages. However, it will be a while before we get some more racks in.

It took almost two years to get these racks in the country. I sure that it will be easier to do the next importation, but I'm pretty sure it won't be an overnight thing. If you are considering an Inti rack, and 3/4 is long enough, this is the time.

Regards

Alvaro

The 3/4 racks are pretty darned long given the configuration.

I've seen the INTI perform on many trips -- These are excellent racks!

I don't remember Alvaro having that much stuff on his roof rack on that trip! I must have been asleep or something. He was alone on that trip too! Oh I think most of that is Poquitas stuff! That's it.:grinpimp:

hehehe

Amando

Can someone measure the bottom square rail of the INTI?

Christo has a Hi-lift and spade mount for the African Outback rack that look like they are held on via bolts on the square tubing of that rack.

Wondering if those two square tubes are comparable in size and hopefully Christo's is a little wider so an easy spacer could solve the width difference.

When I jump, I'm leaning toward the INTI.

Alvaro is not the only one who carry fuel for his friends, the 70 is carrying 7 jerry cans and the XJ :whoops: is carryng 4 plus other stuff, like a second spare tire...
Paseo%20104a.jpg

INTI rack

Hey, Roberto or Alvaro, or anybody else. Does anbody have pictures of an INTI tent on an INTI rack?
Tree

Tree,

A friend from Venezuela sent me these pics of this roof rack:

Parrilla1.jpg

Parrilla2.jpg

Parrilla3.jpg

Notice he's got a smaller rack.
Maybe I should bring these tents too.

Regards

Alvaro

Alvaro, Kevin

Can the two of you measure the height of the square tubing that forms the base of your respective racks. I'd love to know if Slee's spade and Hi-lift holders for his rack will fit the INTI as well. Hopefully the Slee is wider so a simple spacer could be inserted to retrofit for the INTI.

TIA and have a nice weekend you fawkers. hehehe :flipoff2:

Brentbba said:
Alvaro, Kevin

Can the two of you measure the height of the square tubing that forms the base of your respective racks. I'd love to know if Slee's spade and Hi-lift holders for his rack will fit the INTI as well. Hopefully the Slee is wider so a simple spacer could be inserted to retrofit for the INTI.

TIA and have a nice weekend you fawkers. hehehe :flipoff2:

1 5/8" high x 1" wide

Hows that for service you fawker! :flipoff2:

Due to their design and how they mount onto the rack they kind of "need" to be mounted onto this rack only. They could be "made to work" on others but probably not worth it.

Its hard to explain, but their mounting points are nuts that slide through the channels of the bar. In order to use this with another system, that bar would need to be drilled and tapped because the upper and lower holes are in different spots and a simple "bolt through" method wouldnt work

if this rambling doesnt make sense email me for pics

Your set on the Init huh brent?

Makes perfect sense. Great explanation.

Pretty much so, but I'd love to see yours hands on as well. I've had plenty of exposure to the INTI. Nothing beats seeing the product before plunking down that kind of cash.

BTW - great service you fawker! :flipoff2: When you doing your birf and brake service?

Brentbba said:
Makes perfect sense. Great explanation.

cool

Brentbba said:
Pretty much so, but I'd love to see yours hands on as well. I've had plenty of exposure to the INTI. Nothing beats seeing the product before plunking down that kind of cash.

i concur 100% and dont blame yeah! mine is here, come look! :D

Brentbba said:
BTW - great service you fawker! :flipoff2: When you doing your birf and brake service?

i have an electric locker housing on the way that i swapped with helocat. once that arrives, i will began parts collecting for the front end rebuild, brake job, electric locker retrofit. within the next few months probably

:D

Brent,

My rack is off the cruiser at the moment. I'll take measurements and I'll get back to you.

Regards

Alvaro

lights

We recieved our 4 Light Force 170s the other day and discovered that they do not fit in the light cage using the pre-drilled hole and mount location. However, they will work with just a little room to spare if the holes or mounting location is moved forward just a little. Because we are very annal I have decided to have Luck Ported use his oval drill press to do this so that it will become a slot rather than just drilling new holes. They are going to look very :cool:

NorCalSam said:
We recieved our 4 Light Force 170s the other day and discovered that they do not fit in the light cage using the pre-drilled hole and mount location. However, they will work with just a little room to spare if the holes or mounting location is moved forward just a little. Because we are very annal I have decided to have Luck Ported use his oval drill press to do this so that it will become a slot rather than just drilling new holes. They are going to look very :cool:
Post pics when done...waiting...:cheers:

Exiled said:
You can't just flip the rack, but you could theoretically make some changes. The idea of the jerry cans in the front is that the weight is carried close to in-between the axles instead of over the rear axle and overhang.

When I "restored" my INTI rack (after 7 years on the truck, never taken off, never parked inside), I made some minor changes. Added brackets for the sand ladders, added an antenna mount, and instead of running the four lights evenly spaced out, I separated them two-plus-two.

The last mod I made was to replace the rearmost crossmember on the superstructure with a custom aluminum box made to spec.

INTI racks are the bomb, IMHO there is nothing out there that comes close.

Is yours a full length or 3/4 length?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom