Got My ARB And Installed It Today! (pics) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
I got a call at lunch saying a big pallet arrived at my buddies shop! I ran over as fast as i could and picked this up and had a buddy help me install it!

Very easy install and most impressive construction!

And before you ask, i went with the NON Winch model, because this will be a light-medium duty rig for camping, snowboarding and light wheeling and i dont think a winch is necessary at this time. I have had built up rigs with winches before and always ended up using it on others!! :D

If i do need one (winch) down the road, i am sure i can sell this one and get the winch model.

Oh, and i kind of dig the non winch look, you dont see too many of these :D

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

Wow your truck is coming along real nice! Now on to the sliders and rear bumper and your good to go!

Again, great looking truck!

Thanks Guys

Sliders are coming soon, then roof rack, then rear bumper.

Also, in the process of retrofitting the elockers

apcoleman said:
What kind of rear are you thinking of going with?

Still up in the air, either 4x4 labs or slee (need to see his pics of his bumper with the 2" Reciever), or maybe even custom home fabbed

I bet your credit card company loves you.

Not to hijack, but I was flipping through the boob-tube last night and caught the last little bit of a side impact test performed by.......well, can't remember, but they are some big shot contracted corporation testing vehicle impacts "independently"; but basically what i was thinking as i watched some side impacts and the grill almost coming through the side window hitting the driver's head is what would i do if with my super heavy, lifted 80 with a ARB bull bar on moving at 45mph cramming into the side of a Honda civic. I really think you would kill the driver. Kinda a scary thought even though I want and will get an ARB, it's something to keep in mind as you drive around.

Coming along nice (and quick)! But those side steps gotta go! :flipoff2:

concretejungle said:

Heh. I put my whole truck on mine! They should send me a fruit basket or something.

YngTLCOwner said:
Where abouts in San Diego area you? I use to live in SD when I was going to SDSU.

Central Area, Near Lajolla

concretejungle said:

:D nope, green cash $ my friend! I budgeted myself a certain amount for this rig/buildup, i bought a "Not So Ideal" rig for cheap, so i am spending the left over cash on mods and i still have a bit left over! :D

No purcahases over $100 on a CC here. no need to feed the banks free $ with interest, big interest on CC's is one of the biggest scams to date!

As my dad used to say: " If You Dont Have The $ For It at The Time You Want It, You Dont Deserve It and Need To Work Harder To Get It!" I pretty much live by that rule!

Last edited:
Rookie2 said:
What's up with the super-extendo Yakima towers?

Actually, those are Thules and we ghetto mounted an old confer rack to them to get all of our gear to baja a few weeks ago, they are now just for carrying the surfboards. They will soon be removed for a real rack, once i get motivated to build one! :D

concretejungle said:
what would i do if with my super heavy, lifted 80 with a ARB bull bar on moving at 45mph cramming into the side of a Honda civic. I really think you would kill the driver. Kinda a scary thought even though I want and will get an ARB, it's something to keep in mind as you drive around.

a good friend of mine t-boned a toyota camry in his 98 cherokee with an ARB and completely demolished the camry (jeep was barely scratched) and the cop at the scene was giving him crap about the bumper and its legality! that argument obviously went no where, but it is something to think about, they can do SERIOUS damage to the other vehicle if your involved in a wreck.

Boston Mangler said:
:D nope, green cash $ my friend! I budgeted myself a certain amount for this rig/buildup, i bought a "Not So Ideal" rig for cheap, so i am spending the left over cash on mods and i still have a bit left over! :D

No purcahases over $100 on a CC here. no need to feed the banks free $ with interest, big interest on CC's is one of the biggest scams to date!

As my dad used to say: " If You Dont Have The $ For It at The Time You Want It, You Dont Deserve It and Need To Work Harder To Get It!" I pretty much live by that rule!

Well, while its good reduce the interest you pay, your statement is slightly over simplified. Did you finance your truck? That is giving interest to a bank. Own that home in the background? Your payment is probably almost all interest.

In my case, I was able to get a cheaper rate by putting the balance of my truck on my CC than if I financed it directly. That is not even mentioning that I can transfer the balance around to 0% intro cards and not pay anything. Sometimes CCs can be part of your tactic to reduce interest paid.

>>>>>>your statement is slightly over simplified
****** that is because i am a simple person! :D

>>>>>Did you finance your truck? That is giving interest to a bank
****** nope, paid cash

>>>>>Own that home in the background? Your payment is probably almost all interest.
****** nope, we rent it cheap. pretty much insane to buy a home in San Diego right now

>>>>>In my case, I was able to get a cheaper rate by putting the balance of my truck on my CC than if I financed it directly. That is not even mentioning that I can transfer the balance around to 0% intro cards and not pay anything. Sometimes CCs can be part of your tactic to reduce interest paid
****** very cool, i am just an old school simpleton though! Cash = No Interest! I use the CC for pretty much just gas and sometimes food to keep a good credit standing, everything else is paid off, no school loans etc....

Hmmm, this thread got a tad off track, oh well! Its all good! :)

Boston,

Just curious....your might go with a 4x4 labs rear bumper and its a light wheeler rig for camping and snowboarding? Isnt that a little overkill? well hell, who am i to judge.....go with the 4x4 labs and get us some pics...nice truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom