Got Muddy-SMC Skyline Alabama Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I took my 83 FJ60 down to meet up with about 30 other Mud/Toyota drivers. And one stock pathfinder.:doh:
Mostly FJ Cruisers. Thanks to BamaBleach and Werd for making it happen. I had to bail early cause my wife wanted to hit the unclaimed baggage store before it closed...
It was the least I could do. She and my pup were great company.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

The Pup- Love
I'm changin' plates this week. I've been in Chattanooga, Tn for a while.

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Our First obstacle which took the only other 60 victim. His 4wd wasn't engaging and he had to turn around. Which sucked.

DSC_0045.jpg

Leaving me with A a bunch of FJ Cruisers, a Taco, and a stock pathfinder (who did quite well).
But we weren't crawlin. Not until I get some sliders.
Some guy from Rough Country was filming from his tricked out ride. It was pretty sweet. It's on the right.

DSC_0075.jpg

The Wife

DSC_0117.jpg

The girlfriend

DSC_0118-1.jpg

The Lone Taco

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

Heading Home

DSC_0142.jpg

After about $20 in quarters at the local spray joint.

DSC_0143.jpg

I see I missed a spot

To make this a tech thread

I have ordered some manual 62 series side mirrors from Spector. Think I'll black em out.

Hope you enjoyed the shots.

Let it Ride
:cheers:

Last edited:
Nice! this is why i need to hook up with other LC owners... Great pics!!

what size Lightforce are those? how do you like them?

great looking 60! If you are getting new side mirrors check out the "aussie" mirrors. They are really nice. I've had both the 62 mirrors and aussies - aussies win hands down. my .02 of course.

rob

what camera do you use? DSLR?

Last edited:
Nice! this is why i need to hook up with other LC owners... Great pics!!

what size Lightforce are those? how do you like them?

great looking 60! If you are getting new side mirrors check out the "aussie" mirrors. They are really nice. I've had both the 62 mirrors and aussies - aussies win hands down. my .02 of course.

rob

what camera do you use? DSLR?

Thanks!
It was a blast.
They're Lightforce 270's I think.
I'm thinking about switching back to the clear lenses.
I just like the contrast, and lighting the night up in yellow:)

As far as the mirrors go; after all I've read on here it seemed like the right thing. I figured they'd be better than the aussie knock-offs. Right? I just didn't want to spend the $400...

But no doubt, I'm sure they're head and shoulders better.
I spent about three years just feeding money into this truck.
Now I'm enjoying the fruits of my labor/investments. I'm a little more frugal these days it seems...

And it's a Nikon D40 with 18-135mm lens.

Thanks for the kind words.
:cheers:

I totally understand. I'm looking at some lightforce lights on my soon to be SROR front bumper. THose must be the 170's then. They are the size in mm - largest is 240. I'm going to try the 140's as fog's.

You can't go wrong w/ the 62 manuals. I'd double check with Cdan though. I think i got my aussies from him and they weren't 400! Yeah - i'd stick with OEM and avoid aftermarket mirrors all together. either the 62's like you plan, or weigh the cost for the aussies.

i've spent 4-5 yrs now on 3 diff 60's. mostly collecting parts for an eventual build. Finally have one worth doing, so putting goodies on and loving the new 84.

i have a d300, the 40 is a great camera. Check out the new 50mm 1.4 SWM. I got my GF a d80 so she could use the 50 1.8 and my 50 1.4 - both screw drive, so 40 wouldn't work. Anyway - your pics are probably better than those w/ my 300!

post up in the tech again and see if anyone has suggestions on the aussie vs 62 mirrors. Plus where they got them for x $'s? you might find a steal on either set. The biggest thing i like about the aussies is the CLEAR view of sides and blind spots (and no buzz). you can't see quite so far behind, but that's what the rearview is for. nice to see some small moped in my blindspot before they are a speedbump!

GL!

rob

You're right, they're 170's...:rolleyes:
And man do I love em.

I was fortunate enough to win the camera through work, and after upgrading the lens, I couldn't be happier.
My dad's a long-time Nikon enthusiast and just got his D300.
He's trying to sell me his D200, but it ain't gonna happen.

I've been happy with everything I've enlarged.
But nothing over 14 x 20 yet...

The aussie quote was through spector $199/piece.
I'll see how I like the manuals when I get them.
I should be able to send them back if not.

Thanks for your help.

You're right, they're 170's...:rolleyes:
And man do I love em.

I was fortunate enough to win the camera through work, and after upgrading the lens, I couldn't be happier.
My dad's a long-time Nikon enthusiast and just got his D300.
He's trying to sell me his D200, but it ain't gonna happen.

I've been happy with everything I've enlarged.
But nothing over 14 x 20 yet...

The aussie quote was through spector $199/piece.
I'll see how I like the manuals when I get them.
I should be able to send them back if not.

Thanks for your help.

$OR - ouch. you definitely need to call around if you want to compare either. Did you order the 62 manuals from SOR too? How much ea? I'd call CDan and see what they run for both so you can accurately compare prices. Neither are cheap (like knock offs) and both will work great, but why over spend on them!?

D200 is a great camera too, but i would go D90 over it if budget is tight. Or keeping the free D40 (nice score).

rob

Nice photos.

I have got to make it up to SkyLine some day. If I could only get the time when they have rides up there.

jb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom