got me and ARB 1/2 rack (with new pictures) -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=tucker74 link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128336#msg128336 date=1080505172]
That trucks gonna look sweet with the Bull bar to match - why are you putting all the cool stuff on the 3fer?

Tucker
[/quote]

the fe is my daily driver, and I got the stuff for function -- my family's in buffalo, and the drive from here to there can be precarious on rte. 17 -- deer and the like -- plus, i love the rack for storage, since the whole interior is filled with crates --

-- I like driving the '91 more than the '94 -- it just feels more like a truck -- growing up, my uncle ran a game farm and we always used to ride in his pick-up truck -- just nostalgic, i guess --

-- plus, all this junk can go on the '94 when i blow the head gasket on the '91 --

;)

e

phew -- c-dan saved the day -- moved the rack back -- this way, the load is more on the c-pillar than the window, and the 2nd row of doors doesn't hit the clamp every time they're opened/closed --

THANKS C-DAN!!

eric

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128383#msg128383 date=1080517068]

am i talking to myself??

hehe --
[/quote]

It's not a problem until you start answering yourself, too.

:cheers:

Ahhh,

Looks much better grasshopper. 8)

I much prefer the new location of your rack ;)

D-

thanks for your help, dan -- :)

when moving the rack, i got to thinking what would prevent a potential thief from doing the same --

-- is the hex key an odd size on it??

eric

Eric,
If someone wants your rack that bad, best thing to do in my opinion is keep it simple. If someone is going to go to the trouble of climbing up on your truck, even just on the running boards or sliders, use a hex key several times and lift it off, then they would likely have the nerve to mess with anything else that would deter them. So if you tried to make it more difficult, they would likely just damage the truck more taking it off. Losing a rack isn't worth it in my view.

Eric,
Is that a 91 with 93-97 wheels or your 94 with earlier year mud flaps?

I hate to agree with Junk but he is right.
FWIW I have my home grown basket on my 92 with thule cross bars and I leave them unlocked all the time. I might have a key somehwere but I have no idea where it is after this many years. oh BTW 3rd car for the dross bars.
Dave

In Chicago a few weeks ago I saw a car parked on the side of the street with a sign in the window that said, "Doors unlocked, no stereo/valuable inside." Goes with the philosophy above - the harder you make it the more damage they do.

Thats funny but happens.
my sister in law had an old subaru that she would leave the windows down on all the time. she said whe had it broken into twice to steal nothing moth times she had to fix the glass in the windows. She said this was easier as the second broken window break in only the ps frt door was locked all others were open and they still broke it. oh she moved not long after as well.
Dave

[quote author=MoJ link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128670#msg128670 date=1080572992]
Eric,
Is that a 91 with 93-97 wheels or your 94 with earlier year mud flaps?
[/quote]

it's my '91 with 93 wheels -- PO put 'em on -- like 'em a lot more myself --

:)

e

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg129033#msg129033 date=1080606802]
it's my '91 with 93 wheels -- PO put 'em on -- like 'em a lot more myself --

[/quote]

Agreed, looks good!

Eric--I cannot see any pictures in this thread. Can you repost please?

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom