got me and ARB 1/2 rack (with new pictures) -- (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I start my new job on Monday and will have less flexbility on picking one up, so I journeyed to rural NJ yesterday to pick this love up --

-- not too bad a price, either -- $530 for the rack and $170 for the install package -- it's bullet-proof, too --

After my install, it's staying on my 80 --

-- for the time being, though, it's quite content inside --

;)

eric

Re:got me and ARB 1/2 rack --

-- forgot to mention, they had a full rack there for the same price, but it was a bit unwieldy to me -- I wouldn't have used the extra size, and the larger rack would have blocked off the sunroof and would have been louder (closer to my ears) --

-- plus, they tack on at least another $100 in the install pack --

eric

A half rack makes more sense to me becuase i know i wouldn't use up all of the room on top. I would probably just throw on a couple of jerry cans and some camping gear, thats it. no other use. would like to see some pics after completion. might consider one myself

- Sammy J

got me and ARB 1/2 rack --

Highjack :D
I just took one off my 70 and put on bigger one so 1/2 rack will be for sale if anyone looking for one in the NE ;)

Back to your normal programing :cheers:

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128003#msg128003 date=1080437112]
A half rack makes more sense to me becuase i know i wouldn't use up all of the room on top. I would probably just throw on a couple of jerry cans and some camping gear, thats it. no other use. would like to see some pics after completion. might consider one myself

- Sammy J
[/quote]

I installed it today -- quite the feat, I must admit -- one thing after my install -- that thing is never coming down --

:)

I drove it at 70 mph and couldn't hear it with the sunroof and windows open ---

-- like how it looks too --

-- will get pics tomorrow --

eric

[quote author=Koffer link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128048#msg128048 date=1080443653]
Highjack :D
I just took one off my 70 and put on bigger one so 1/2 rack will be for sale if anyone looking for one in the NE ;)

Back to your normal programing :cheers:

[/quote]

what price to sell it for? does it use the same install kit as the 80 (the 4 gutter mounts)?

eric

what price to sell it for? does it use the same install kit as the 80 (the 4 gutter mounts)?

Will fit a 80 as it uses the same mounts with the side rails too
$500 obo for the whole thing with mounts and all ;)

Pix of it is on Junks site (www.yourlandcruiser.com) under lobsterfest pixs

Dave (aka Phaedrus or FaVe) and I mounted my new Outback 1/2 rack a couple of weeks ago. It looks great and it's pretty cool how attachments are fitted. ;)

I don't have a digital camera so I can't take pics easily. Tomorrow I might try to use my digital camcorder and see how that works once edited on the pc.

It fit on pretty well but Dave and I had to tweak one of the gutter clamps a bit to get the door to close (that door was mounted a little higher than others).

I'm now trying to figure out how to also fit my boat racks on such that the boat fits over the Outback tray.

Riley

[quote author=erics_bruiser link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg127833#msg127833 date=1080392928]
-- not too bad a price, either -- $530 for the rack and $170 for the install package -- it's bullet-proof, too --
[/quote]

Does that price include powdercoating and clearcoating, or are you going to tack that on later?

;)
:flipoff2:

[quote author=wob link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128075#msg128075 date=1080445901]
Does that price include powdercoating and clearcoating, or are you going to tack that on later?

;)
:flipoff2:
[/quote]

i'm getting the rack stripped, power coated gold, and clearcoated as we speak --

-- ;)

e

the full rack is too big, no need, but for $500 obo i'd take it... if only i had the $$$.

nice.... is that a connecticut plate i see? if so where are you?

[quote author=Sammy Jenkins link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128249#msg128249 date=1080489007]
nice.... is that a connecticut plate i see? if so where are you?
[/quote]

thanks -- :)

i'm in stamford

e

Does anyone know the height of the ARB rack, I guess from the rails? I think my garage is 84" high? I would hate to have to leave the LC out because of the rack...Nick

[quote author=NSP link=board=2;threadid=13779;start=msg128278#msg128278 date=1080494981]
Does anyone know the height of the ARB rack, I guess from the rails? I think my garage is 84" high? I would hate to have to leave the LC out because of the rack...Nick
[/quote]

from the bottom of the rail to the top of the rack is 11"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom