Got me a new toy for the Cruiser (1 Viewer)

I managed to win a factory 300kg winch, bumper and bash plate (the one that fits behind the standard bumper) on ebay. Pick it up on Friday. I'll post up some pictures when I am fitting it. Wanted one of these since I saw one fitted on a JDM spec 81 series when I was looking for the Cruiser I finally bought.

Couple of pictures of the Winch and bumper.
1a_1_b.jpg
41_1_b.jpg
67_1_b.jpg

good score, have you priced out that remote?
$1300 CND !!!
one of the cruisers i brought in had the remote "removed" somewhere in it's travels so i priced a new one. i figured even at Toyota's Gold plated pricing it would be around $400...
i damn near fainted...
cheers and congrates...

yea, i got 3 more sitting here right now. how hard can it be? oh yea, it is electrical, that takes me out of the picture...
cheers

89s rule said:
looks nice. Now get it mounted up with some pics! :)
Going to clean and refurb it before fitting. might even get the mounting powder coated - or just give it a good coat of eastwoods chassis black. Give it a good grease up where it needs it etc.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Website
www.4x4panama.com
10 Point for you dude .. !

But .. is my firt view of a this type of factory Toyota electrical winch ... All that I see are Wanr 8474 style .. and other similar than yours are mechanical ..

I think it could be better described as a factory accessory instead of the factory option PTO winch. I had only ever seen one before on a JDM cruiser which was fully specced up from the factory including the winch, toyota badged fridge and cooker and a 3 inch lift. The PTO winch is only rated at 2500kg whereas the electric winch which I think is an aisin unit is rated at 3000kg.

crushers said:
good score, have you priced out that remote?
$1300 CND !!!
one of the cruisers i brought in had the remote "removed" somewhere in it's travels so i priced a new one. i figured even at Toyota's Gold plated pricing it would be around $400...
i damn near fainted...
cheers and congrates...

Interesting price. I guess I did right in holding on to my old remote, though I'm pretty sure it's for a warn winch. I've had a winch stolen from my LC, since replaced with another Warn winch, though I'm now the owner of 2 remotes.

Kalawang

harveya said:
I think it could be better described as a factory accessory instead of the factory option PTO winch. I had only ever seen one before on a JDM cruiser which was fully specced up from the factory including the winch, toyota badged fridge and cooker and a 3 inch lift. The PTO winch is only rated at 2500kg whereas the electric winch which I think is an aisin unit is rated at 3000kg.

The 24V factory high mount (8274 look alike) winch I have on my BJ74, and the one on the shelf both say 3600KG.

I imagine the PTO is rated to the pin, which some have changed out to "other" things...raising the rating a bit, and meaning something else will brake 1st.

Good on ya for the winch for your 80!

gb

Kalawang said:
Interesting price. I guess I did right in holding on to my old remote, though I'm pretty sure it's for a warn winch. I've had a winch stolen from my LC, since replaced with another Warn winch, though I'm now the owner of 2 remotes.

Kalawang
yes, the factory 81 series winch control screws in and is a water tight fit. i love the design but the cost is crazy...
cheers

crushers said:
yes, the factory 81 series winch control screws in and is a water tight fit. i love the design but the cost is crazy...
cheers

The high mount BJ74, HJ61 and the lowmount HZJ74 are the same style afaik. I have been told it is a military style connector, and the connector can be purchased from a military connector supply company...but I dinna have the part number, nor have I confirmed.

gb

i contacted a friend here in town that can make a warn winch control with the proper adapter for the end for $200 using a new warn winch control... good deal in my books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom