Got larger tires, now body roll is more noticeable going around corners. Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2000 land Cruiser. All stock except I replaced the stock tires with 285/75/16 tires.
since I got the large tires it’s seems to lean a bit too much when I go around turns. I’m guessing since the center of gravity is a little higher that is the reason.

Is there any simple adjustment I can make to get it a little tighter?
I just replaced the shocks and front control arms if that matters.
Thanks for your help.

What psi is in those meats? Are they e-rated?

Run higher PSI, and turn your torsion bar adjuster to give it a little more preload and stiffen things up. Maintain at least 3/4" rake though, take it easy on the turns, you're driving a 6000lbs behemoth, not an F1 car.

Totally expected when you go bigger tires. More meat on the sidewalks and now you’re probablya little higher in overall height so your butt meter will tell you that it’s leaning more in the turns

Replacing the end links and bushings on my front sway bar did wonders for body roll. I have ToughDog shocks, and adjusting them stiffer when off the trails makes a big difference.

What psi is in those meats? Are they e-rated?
They are BFG all terrain and they are E-rated. Tire pressure is 35 all around. Not sure what is recommended. The manual says 29 front and 32 rear, but with different size tires that may change.

Chalk test the tires over a few miles and see how they look.

Otherwise, @Bisho is right on with suggesting you check your sway bar bushings to eliminate any slop in them. The tires likely just exacerbated a previous issue.

Thanks for all the additional responses. I'll check the sway bar bushings and replace those if needed. I'll also do the chalk test to see what tire pressure I should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom