Got it! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
It's the wife who got it actually... maybe she'll let me drive it sometime (in the dirt?) <G>
a 100!
still have to inspect it and all though. If no good, back it goes!
I like it a lot, although a bit more sedate than the 80.
It's not helping that the dealer (I think) put the cheapest tires he could find on it, General Grabber AW and the wrong size too... P265/70 so they look small. Hopefully ,they'll wear real fast so we can go 285/75... :)
wish us luck!
LC'd by proxy - Eric

Dont wheel with the AW if they are P rated. Thats what came on my 80 and the side walls rip out.

yup, they are Passenger rated : P265/70R15
grrr...
E

Eric,

What 100 did you end up with? What did you pay (besides your firstborn)?

Darius

well, a look into the So. PRK market for '99s and 2000s revealed that the asking prices ranged roughly from $about 27K to $37 or so for trucks with "normal" mileage. The lower end are PP and low-cost dealer specials '99s, higher end was asking by Dealers for yuppies and for certified '00 cars. We looked at both 99 and 00. Wanted to avoid 98 (higher mileage and first year). 00 has the advantage of Traction Control, VSC etc, I think great for onroad, casual snow, sand, and light offroad. All the 99s I saw had rear locker. With one exception, all the trucks I saw were basically fully-loaded. Could have gone with either 99 or 00.

Average asking price for '99 (from autotrader.com) over 70 vehicles or so was $28K in SoCal. Average asking price for '00 was $33.5K for 62 vehicles. Of course, condition etc yada yada. I must say that with one exception, most I saw were in excellent+ condition (lease returns etc). Wide range of mileage though.

Saw several. Wife ended up choosing a '00 with 45K and paid about $31.5K Asking was $36K. Did not end up with a rock bottom price but it was in close to immaculate condition, certified, right of return, and with a very good close to full warranty for 3 mos from an established dealer. I might have held out a bit longer, but she was disgusted with the dealers and wanted it over with, and tension was rising in the household...

HTH
Eric

will keep looking for a "serious" one for myself - 80 of course!
<G>
E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom