Got it back... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
New 4:88's and I am happy.

Need to take it wheeling for the real test.

Problem: Speedo is way out of wack...

I know, been covered. Simple fix?

Already put back the original speedo gear but I am still 8 - 9 mph out of wack at 60 mph.

I think there is a fairly cheap "yellow box" mod for the speedo. I opted for Marks 4WD unit from Slee. Was about the easiest mod I have done yet, plug and play.

Mark's: plug and play, ~$200, from CO.
Yellow: NOT plug and play (though not that difficult), ~$100, from AU.

told you that would be the case............

Problem: Speedo is way out of wack...

I know, been covered. Simple fix?

Already put back the original speedo gear but I am still 8 - 9 mph out of wack at 60 mph.

What size tires are you running?

37's will fix dat problem.

I still have mucho tread left on my 305's.

Ouch! I did that for the winter, when we mostly just have around town driving, and it was tolerable, but when I got on the highway...:eek:

I'm happy to have 315s for the summer, but when they wear out, I'm thinking finding something that's 36-37".

The gears definitely make the rig happier on the trails (and the driver too).;)

I still have mucho tread left on my 305's.

understood.

as an alternative already suggested I would concur with using GPS then in the short term if you plan on moving up to bigger shoes..........

understood.

as an alternative already suggested I would concur with using GPS then in the short term if you plan on moving up to bigger shoes..........

Yup. GPS will be what I use for a while. Maybe I will try to sell the 305's...

:hmm:

Sell the 305's in the classifieds if you want to get rid of them. I sold mine in a few weeks time.

I bet there are many new mudders wanting to install 33s on their truck. Mine sold in about 24 hrs on the mud-classifieds.

go skillet go....................

ya know you want to.......

Oh but don't listen to Curran he's got a small truck.........:lol:

See, now they are telling you to get really big tires after they told you that 5.29's are overkill. :flipoff2:

Google the Yellow Box. I got mine from Blue Gauges or something like that. It cost $100. The writeup on install is here on Mud, it's a tight space but technically simple install. Just make sure you get the 3-wire (not 3 wires to the unit, that's the unit type itself to work with the 80).

It really doesn't matter to go to 35's, your speedo will still be off. Just correct it and go from there. You can flip a couple switches when you go to 35's. You want it dialed in as your shift points dramatically improve - it makes almost as much difference as the gears do on the highway.

For an extra $100 and some saved knuckle skin get the Mark's adapter from Slee.

You winnie....Running 33's w/4.88's...:flipoff2:...Sell those tires and got some 315's, thats obviously why you regeared....FWIW, your speedo will be off by about 3mph with 4.88's+35's and no speedo correction......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom