Got Hit. Body damage. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
activthrust.com
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412457490.254076.jpg

A F350 van made a right turn into my rear passenger door yesterday. Body shop says $5k to replace door and fix body by door jam. Dumb ass HAD to get into the right lane to go straight no matter what. He drove right into me.

How's your neck feel? ;)

Sorry about that!! Hope you get her fixed up soon!

Bummer, hope everyone was buckled up. Another testament to the durability of these vehicles. That stinks, make sure everything closes well, fits tight, and sounds right when you get it fixed.

Get multiple quotes, check with others in your area of who does good work and don't be scared if they have a waiting period, any good shop is bound to have a short wait. Do it once, fix it right.

It's not necessary to get multiple quotes from shops if insurance is going to be paying (unless it's like Chubb and they just pay whatever). You can, but it's kind of a time waster for you and body shop estimators. The estimate that is used is the insurance company's. The first check isn't a final payment. It's a preliminary estimate based on what the adjuster can see. Once tore down and the repair facility sees the need for more work/parts, it's the insurance company's responsibility to allow the vehicle to be properly repaired and to pay.

And the insurance company can't tell you where to get your car fixed (like at their approved repair facility). Cheers! Hope you get fixed up quick.

Thanks for the support all. My neck actually has hurt a bit and i've been angry for the last 24 hours which is possible with a concussion. Maybe I should get checked out. It may be time to lose the running boards since this one got a little bent.

I've got USAA so they'll take care of me either way. No worries there and their company will guarantee for life. They talked about possibly totaling it if they had to remove the entire side. There's no frame damage. Just door and door frame/hinge stuff. 2 weeks of labor. Yes, while this was not a high speed incident their was no interior intrusion. The door took the impact and the inner bar held up well. If anyone has some sliders/running boards in good shape, let me know.

The shop will be blending the paint into the quarter and front door, make sure they don't just tape everything off. You don't want any tape lines showing or overspray on the window moldings...it's an obvious sign of poor repairs. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom