Got Direct Fit Muffler Replacement Experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LandCruiserPhil I know this is an old thread, but I am considering purchasing the Walker #11748 just as you did and deleting the resonator. Probably an ignorant question, but why can't I just clamp it on with some adapters/reducers and adjustable hangers?

Not sure why you would not be able to with the right parts.
If you do post up your parts list, as Im sure others would be of interest.

Not sure why you would not be able to with the right parts.
If you do post up your parts list, as Im sure others would be of interest.
Cool. So, if the muffler and factory piping are different, wouldn't I need a reducer clamp? Do you know what size the factory exhaust is? I believe the #11748 is 2.5", so I would either need a reducer or pipe expander, I'm thinking...oh, and some high temp sealant with clamps like in pics.

Screenshot_20191024-131943_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-131920_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I installed a Bosal about 6 months ago. No drone, quite at idle and has a slightly deeper sound than stock when you get on it. no regrets

I replaced the factory muffler with the Dynomax #17748 and left the factory resonator in place. It's only been a few days, but so far the only time I notice any more sound than stock is at startup and maybe ever-so-slightly at idle. I had the cabin drone/boom at ~600 RPMs that's referenced in the TSB and I decided it was worth a try to fix it with the muffler before doing the funky frame weight etc. I think this took out about 98% of the idle drone, so I'm happy with the swap.

Part of me wants to pull the resonator too, but hopefully I can leave well enough alone.

I replaced the factory muffler with the Dynomax #17748 and left the factory resonator in place. It's only been a few days, but so far the only time I notice any more sound than stock is at startup and maybe ever-so-slightly at idle. I had the cabin drone/boom at ~600 RPMs that's referenced in the TSB and I decided it was worth a try to fix it with the muffler before doing the funky frame weight etc. I think this took out about 98% of the idle drone, so I'm happy with the swap.

Part of me wants to pull the resonator too, but hopefully I can leave well enough alone.
I am installing this same muffler tomorrow, hopefully. I plan to delete the resonator.

Did you get this swapped and resonator deleted?
I did. I would not get this if you want any sort of rumble. It is super quiet. I got a stainless tip put on as well. It's a great fit and sounds good with throttle, but quiet. Get a flowmaster if you want to hear it. I did shed about 35 lbs though, which should credit me about 5 more miles per gallon. J/K.

I did. I would not get this if you want any sort of rumble. It is super quiet. I got a stainless tip put on as well. It's a great fit and sounds good with throttle, but quiet. Get a flowmaster if you want to hear it. I did shed about 35 lbs though, which should credit me about 5 more miles per gallon. J/K.

I did this muffler but kept the resonator. I may go ahead and cut that off too. My fear was creating a part throttle or highway drone-- I'm too old to appreciate that..

Has anyone tried the AP Emissions 7479 Muffler?

I am installing this same muffler tomorrow, hopefully. I plan to delete the resonator.
@igr8FoSemty: I'm looking to install this same muffler and wanted to avoid taking it to the shop for custom welding...what where the connectors you ended up purchasing and how have you liked it overall? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom