1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got any Realtors on here?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by alia176, Jul 25, 2005.

1. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    I'm looking at homes in the ALBQ, NM area on the 'net. Unfortunately, the level of info on these homes are pretty bleak. Does anyone know of a good MLS site to go to in order to get more info by using the MLS #? I don't mind paying a monthly service if needed. At this time, I'm looking at the East Mountain area of ALBQ.

Thanks.

Ali

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    realtor? not me, I am just a landpimp ;)

but Rick Donnely works RE I think in that area.

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

First off I'm not a realtor, but I will gladly take 1-3% of anything you buy. :D

The reason you haven't found anything in ALBQ, is because it's not Colorado. NM != cool. CO = cool. I've been casually looking for homes for you and Kumar, and will implement my monthly service charge plan soon...pay up sucka! :D

4. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    I just want to be closer to CDan :eek:

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

dumb question...and you really should work through a realtor...but have you tried looking on realtor.com?

6. mabrodis

mabrodis

Damnit Doug! I was going to sell him a subscription to that free site! :D

7. alia176

alia176

Albums:
    Yeah, I've been looking at that site as well...but w/o having an MLS account somewhere, I can't get detailed info.

8. dealmaker

dealmaker

Agree. I am a Realtor. Not every area's MLS provides public iternet access to their data. And often the stuff on realtor.com is outdated. Contact several realtors in the area you are interested in. Find out if their MLS data system has IDX (an information exchange agreement). If so, the realtor may have a website that allows you to access the MLS info on-line thru that agents website. Or, if the MLS system is halfway decent, you can tell the realtor what you are looking for and he/she can search the MLS and email you the hits. Don't be afraid to talk to a realtor. Especially if you are unfamiliar with the area you're interested in.

9. LukeO

LukeO

I'm a Realtor too

My wife and I work together at RE/MAX here in Raleigh, NC.

If your buying you should use a Realtor for sure. I assume in NM like NC the sellers pay the commission. So a Buyers Agent is at no cost to you, unless you get one of the extremely high dollar Realtors that require retainer fees.

Anyway, the info on realtor.com, homes.com is pulled from whatever local MLS. There are chances that some of the info will not be accurate.

You need to stay away from Limited Service or Flat fee RE companies. They suck total arse and do nothing but cause a ton of problems for everyone else. The info they put on MLS is never accurate nor do they take responsibility for it like they're supposed to.

If you nee a referal I can dig around and find a local Realtor for you. They'll be with RE/MAX though.