Got a taco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mcdesignsoffroad.com
So we got tired of not having a truck just to haul stuff or pull a trailer, so after lightly test driving a 96 Midnight Pearl 80, we drove over near Selfridge and picked up a 2001 4-door Tacoma.

It needed front brakes right away, and needs other stuff, but it’s a super clean mid mileage unit that will serve us well while I work on the house and cruisers.

It seems 80 wheels with 33x13.50 swampier LTBs fit...

90964DB8-9AB5-4BDC-8CC7-321CC38DC3F9.jpeg

1C0FBABB-D6D2-47BC-8AF4-262628EC7A71.jpeg

DCAE72CB-FC2C-43D1-AFE0-006B36D3BE4F.jpeg

F2C2E0DD-4E05-47C4-AA6C-10E1ED26F953.jpeg

So we got tired of not having a truck just to haul stuff or pull a trailer, so after lightly test driving a 96 Midnight Pearl 80, we drove over near Selfridge and picked up a 2001 4-door Tacoma.

It needed front brakes right away, and needs other stuff, but it’s a super clean mid mileage unit that will serve us well while I work on the house and cruisers.

It seems 80 wheels with 33x13.50 swampier LTBs fit...

View attachment 2427647

View attachment 2427651

View attachment 2427656

View attachment 2427657

Looks great I’m looking for a taco or Tundra for the same reason .
What are the watch out for this year and other years of Tacos? The whole frame thing is interesting?
How many miles on this one?

Looks great I’m looking for a taco or Tundra for the same reason .
What are the watch out for this year and other years of Tacos? The whole frame thing is interesting?
How many miles on this one?

This one came to Michigan relatively recently after starting life in the mountain west, so the frame and body are solid. I’ve started working through the most immediate mechanical issues and will make sure the frame stays preserved.

This one has 169k and feels pretty strong. I have to figure out some steering issues whether it’s a whole rack and pinion or just bushings that hold it to the frame.

The front rotors were likely rusted and warped so the 3 hour drive home left me giving long openings to carefully slow down. It’s solid now.

I have a wonky ignition switch issue to work through and it needs a muffler ASAP. Maybe a rear driveshaft carrier bearing.

I’d love to put the 285 coopers you have for sale on it, but I don’t want to lift it.

The front rotors were likely rusted and warped so the 3 hour drive home left me giving long openings to carefully slow down. It’s solid now.

I have a wonky ignition switch issue to work through and it needs a muffler ASAP. Maybe a rear driveshaft carrier bearing.

I’d love to put the 285 coopers you have for sale on it, but I don’t want to lift it.
O come on, they will fit:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom