Got a Spare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been doing a super slow mo head gasket change and encountered a problem. The previous owner had a wrong head bolt installed and of course it wont torque down now. The threads in the block are ok bc I checked it out with another bolt. I went by my trusted resource for bolts at Bessemer Fasteners Warehouse and he didn't have one. I also checked the Autozone and Advance autos locally.

Does anyone local have a 13mm Head bolt (2F) to spare or know where I can get one without ordering?

I have one.

Jim, gone be around this weekend?
I can come trade you cash for them/that relay rod/tie rod, whatever it was and pick this bolt up for bburt too.

Jim,
Let me know if youre gonna be near Tuscaloosa or Bham within the next week... Or if you and Eric can work out a day to meet I can catch up with him later.

THANKS!

I'll be around Sunday afternoon. Next week, on Tuesday I'll be rolling through Birmingham sometime in the morning then coming back through sometime Wednesday afternoon. We have three windows of opportunity to pass parts. Eric what will work for you?

Shoot. I can meat you next Tuesday on I-65 around any exit you like, near where I-65 intersects I-459 (exit 250) so before or after that exit, since that exit is the interchange.
Exit 247 has a Hardees on the East side of the Interstate, you can exit and re-enter on that side, on your way north... how's that? Just tell me when!

Let's do it then, next Tuesday. I don't what time yet. If I call and give you a 30 minute warning is that enough time for you to break free and meet me?

I think I still have your phone number. Will check later.

Two 0?five 447-3038
That works for me!

we still doing this?!
i better have my doll hairs

Cool. Early !

Godwin, A big THANKS for the bolt!

I owe you one for that.

Jim, Curt gave me $37 for that bolt... do you want any of it? Or should I keep all of it?

Godwin, A big THANKS for the bolt!

I owe you one for that.

$40 for the bolt. Did Land Speeder forget to pass that along? Just kidding.

The bolt I sent is from a 3F yet I believe that 2F and 3F head bolts are the same. 3FE heads are being swapped onto 2F blocks on a regular basis and I hear of no problems regarding the use of 2F bolts with 3F heads. So to flip that around a 3F bolt should work in a 2F application.

If you have any problems with the bolt I sent tell me and I will send along a bona fide 2F head bolt, the 3F bolt was simply the first one I could find.

Jim, Curt gave me $37 for that bolt... do you want any of it? Or should I keep all of it?

We'll split it. I'm surprised Hardees didn't run us off considering the maroon abomination you were driving :hillbilly:

The manager came running out asking if errybody was alright in that wreck!

oh, and I fergot to add.. ROH TAHDE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom