Got a free Buick V6 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently aquired a Buick 231 with the TH350 auto mated to the Toyota transfer case with a Downey adapter for free. Originally I was just going to use the transfer case to do duals, but after checking out the price to rebuild the Buick V6 compared to my smoking 4 banger I think I'm just going to re-ring & bearing the Buick and add the dual transfer case to that setup.

Is anybody running a dual t-case with a v6 swap like this and an auto trans? I was just wondering how it wheels compared to a manual.

I am using this truck stricktly for rock crawl style 4x4 trials competition with multiple drivers of varied experience using the truck, so I thought the auto trans might be ideal.

bringing back an old thread. Tonkota, are you just using a supercharger off a newer 3.8, like out of a regal or whatever the 90s cars that had them used?

I ended up trading the engine and trans/transfer case plus a '94 cab to a buddy strait across for a really strait body tub from an '88 4runner. I am turning my '94 pickup into an '88 4runner and doing the 3RZ swap all at the same time.

I think he is going to make a truggy with one of my old frames, the buick stuff and the '94 cab. Should be interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom