Got a cool piece today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Jesse at High Angle driveline made up a piece that allows me to run a Toy double cardan joint off the back of the NP205. 32 spline output flange to 4 bolt mounting, with the countersunk bolts and center bore. Its awesome. I think its a custom modification of his 1350 series CV output flange.

And, yes, I know this post is useless without pictures. Will post them up tomorrow.

Luke

hhhmmmm....I'm running one of his 32-spline rear flanges, drilled for minitruck AND minitruck CV (yes, they are different), with the proper bore....running a mini CV on there now....

it's a nice BEEFY piece!

you two...

DSCN0008-640.jpg

My rear 1350 shaft and Atlas flange... :)

Jessie makes awsome products and is tops in customer service. He sent my spare rear shaft to Chimney Canyon in Rapid so that I would have it when I was in the Hills this last July.

He is the man.

:beer:

You guys mean to tell me that Jesse didn't reinvent the wheel for my project? I guess he's not as amazing as I thought. Seriously, though, I didn't think I was the first person to ever get this done- I'm just happy with the service and the craftsmanship.
MVC-012S.JPG
MVC-013S.JPG
MVC-014S.JPG

you should be, Jess makes great stuff..

:D

Jesse does put out some good stuff. He made me a special driveshaft for my rig that nobody around here would even consider and it has put up with some good trips.

Nice piece by the way.

JOSH

thats pretty slick!

the np205 i have has a slip style output.
question is, the kit to change it to a flange style output, i asume you are changing out the rear output shaft in the t-case, correct?plus the output housing?
how hard of a job is it to do? pressing bearings and gears off and on. do you have to open up the case, or pull it from the rear cone/housing.

by the way, nice flange

Mine has the fixed yoke output (See above)... this piece from Jess just bolts onto the output shaft and offers a different mounting for the CV driveshaft I have. You can change the internals of your 205 to get away from the slip yoke, but yes, it requires taking the thing apart and pressing the gears off of the existing shaft and onto the new shaft, as well as a rear bearing housing. It might be more work than you want to tackle, thats up to you. It might be easier to find a different 205. Probably you should talk to a competent driveline shop and get their advice. In fact, Jess has on his website a driveshaft he made for someone that is the slip yoke to a CV joint, maybe recent Dodge NP271??? give him a call, if he doesn't know- he can suggest someone who does.

www.highangledriveline.com

530-877-2875
208-1350cv_small.jpg

Better picture.

Oh yeah, its for an NP208- but that might be the same output as the 205 slip yoke.
208-1350cv1.jpg

YUCK no slip yoke rears, my eyes my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You can change the internals of your 205 to get away from the slip yoke, but yes, it requires taking the thing apart and pressing the gears off of the existing shaft and onto the new shaft, as well as a rear bearing housing. "

NO you do not really need to.

"It might be easier to find a different 205."

maybe, depends if you come across them.

change out the whole rear section, ie you pull the whole rear section of the
205 yoke through alum bearing retainer through next steel housing (has speedo in it)
Unbolt right there, pull it all out/off as one unit. There will be one set of rollers bearings
that will need to be watched for and put in (grease will hold them). Then just flip flop it onto
yours. DONE. cake walk. need tiny bit of sealer to put it together, little grease to hold the
rollers.

Need more info/pics, email me. I have a few 205s apart right this moment.

The NP208 (yuck) is much the same, you swap fixed yoke sections to your chevy slip yoke case.
I do not play with these as they blow apart.

isotel said:
Slick, How much did this sucker set you back??

$139 including shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom