got a 71 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Its not pretty. a bit of rust just behind the door
other than that Its. great. no other rust.. its gonna need paint and seats but I want it
running right first. and just have fun with it.
PO had installed a painless wiring .. but not neatly.
I've got that just about sorted
decided to go to HIE dizzy and
a troll carb. I had a MSD laying around and will attach that also. have heard the opinions on them
but what the hell its just sitting in the barn.
I''ll probably go to a digital dash... because I can and it will give me modern input.
Only really pressing issue is the valves need adjusting. I'me reading up on that
I've never adjusted valves with a motor running hmmm

jd

20140827_150847(1).jpg

Out side Detroit.
It was $3900 and it runs fantastic and as I say no rust. I'm only upgrading the ignition etc so it to make it a bit easier to start and run.
I've been working one the wiring and a decided that the digital gauges would be the way to go..
only other thing I've thought about is disk brakes. I won't have to cut the lawn in the back acre for a while. It probably won't grow back till next year. grin

Nice score, any idea of color?? sticking with the rims and tires?? or going bigger...

no Idea on the color yet. small rust under each door at the seams. nothing really... no bigger tires needed.
I was hunting around in the barn and found some porsche seat. I may see how those fit. if not I'll think of something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom