got a 40 this weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im a friend of bandy rooster, lowtideride, and met wayneraintree but anyways...ive always liked cruisers, and a few weeks ago i mentioned it would be sweet to get a rusty 40, and build a buggy, last week, i heard about a free cruiser, some guy found it, wanted the axles, and said we could have the rest, it was abandoned in a yard at a trailer park, so since i had a set of 79 axles layin around, i gave him them, and i took the whole truck :grinpimp:

so after $75 in gas, and a day trip to bovina center, ny, i now have a 72 fj40, im not really gonna use much of it since itll be a buggy, but here's whats happening/what my plan is....the axles are going under my brother's zuk, bandy is taking a bunch of stuff, the springs, the top, the frame, door parts, maybe the jump seats, and who knows what else, so all im left with is a rusted out body, an f engine, 3spd tranny, and tcase

so here's my list of ideas so far
dovetail rear to get rid of rust and do a lot of other chopping
build a completely new tube frame, cage, etc...
run a 22re/5spd/dual cases
dana 60 rear, 44 front(free axles)
-let me know what you think/ideas/opinions/whatever, good or bad, i wanna hear it, im excited to start this buildup...now i just gotta find some $$ for it :doh:

Welcome.

All the money you are saving you should look for a 60 for the front....that 44 is a WASTE OF TIME, PERIOD.

Good luck!

-Steve

ahh, im a newb to this forum, i guess i need to look around some more, lol

-its not hard core yet, as its still a whole complete 40, so later on when i start the build and buy a star so i can post some pics....ill start another thread

yeah i know about the 44, but it'll be fine for now, this thing probably wont be done for a whiiile, i still have a zuk that im building, and helping bandy w/ his cruiser, plus a few other rigs at my house

Heres the pics of his ride

i have no clue who this zucruisers is and he has no affliation with me or lowtiderides

sounds like some kind of :princess: flamer to me :flipoff2:
johns truck.jpg

thats the cruiser... mines inside hiding from the weather

hes got some good idears... and to much time to do them...

haha good luck!

bandy rooster said:
i have no clue who this zucruisers is and he has no affliation with me or lowtiderides

if you dont know me then i guess the cruiser in my garage must be mine, not yours ;p

-oh yeah what springs do you guys think i should plan on using under this thing?? maybe fj60 spings??, any other good possibilities?...stickin w/ leaves for now

ill put it this way...i wanna get rid of as much weight as possible(im used to wheelin a zuk, i love lightweight rigs), but i wanna keep it looking as much like a 40 as possible

and im gonna keep it as low as possible to fit 38's or 39's ;)

it will be a buggy, but hopefully wont really look like it too much, hopefully itll turn out to look like a crazy 40 at first glance...the picture in my head is soo sweet

the reason it looks so rusty is bc some retard PO was practicing bondo work or something, the whole rear quarters, rockers, and front fenders are covered in bondo, which made if rust over the years :mad: , but the frame is pretty decent, the floors arent very rusty, the top has a few spots, but the worst of it is where the bondo is... :frown:

Its a good thing you finally saw the light jon....welcome to the dark side :D ;) :flipoff2:

yeah i know....but this isnt the dark side...the dark side is heeps, lol
-and ill still be wheelin my zuk for a while, but at least ill be putting my toy minitruck axles under it sometime, so its got part of the light in it, lol....besides, a zuk is like a mini 40 ;p , they are very similar in a lot of different ways

chop the back of the tub off.

chop the fenders off

forget the 44 front.

keep the F

swap in an Sm420/465 with the 3 spd case

weld up the diffs

spring it over

wheel the piss outa it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom