SOLD Gossamer:1987 fj60 4bt h55 in MD **SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Guys,

I picked up Gossamer last September and have had a ton of fun with it since. My wife is begging me for a newish wrangler and I have my eye on an e46 m3, so it’s time to thin out the herd. Wanted to offer it up on here first before moving to other channels. Here is the last for sale thread:
For Sale - Gossamer: 1987 FJ60 4BT H55 in IL

Since picking gossamer up, I have done the following:
-all fluids changed-front/rear diff, tranny, transfer case, ranger, engine, coolant.
-dual fuel and oil filters changed
-rear shocks removed due to limiting flex. Included with sale.
-new heater core. I have completed engine swaps that were less involved than this little gem. No wonder why shops wanted $1100+ for this. Had to remove the entire dash. Redid a lot of the wiring while back there and chased down several bad grounds.
-added new gauge cluster with gps speedo. Used vampire taps so that stock cluster can go back in with no issue.
-solved issue where 4bt running a little hot. Engine wanted to run at about 195 and would spike up to 215 on the highway. Ended up being the belt tensioner oddly enough. After thoroughly cleaning radiator, changing hoses, changing fluid(3 times), and checking thermostat, I replaced the belt and belt tensioner and the issue went away.
-added about 40 lbs of sound deadening to firewall and under the hood to quiet the beast down. Using a decibel app, this reduced the in cabin decibels from 82 to 70(I have a 2 and 4 year old).
-added seat belts to the rear
-fixed the light bar and rerouted new wire and added a switch on the dash.
-fixed winch
-new battery and battery terminals

Issues:
-tach and fuel gauge not working. These would be easy fixes that parts are already included for(Dakota digital).
-this monster makes 275/500. The original centerforce clutch is showing signs that it needs to be replaced. I called AA and the replacement runs about $120. Stock one lasted 6 years, and is still in very useable condition, which is pretty impressive in my opinion. If I were keeping this rig, I would probably put an nv4500 behind it with a south bend or similar clutch and turn it into my tow rig.

I have taken this truck on about 10 off-road trips since purchasing it, and it has gotten 22-27mpg avg across all the trips-including idling up trails and over obstacles. The torque in this thing is literally unbelievable. 37s and a short-ish wheel base walk circle around my built xterra. I will definitely miss it, and will no doubt be back in an fj60 later.

Price: $17500 for Mud.
Pics:

upload_2018-5-28_15-28-45.jpeg

upload_2018-5-28_15-29-1.jpeg

upload_2018-5-28_15-29-16.jpeg

upload_2018-5-28_15-29-35.jpeg

I would also entertain trades for a clean 80/100. Considering ditching my Xterra and this for 1 daily driver and a 996 or e46m.

Thanks for the offer, but only interested in wagons. Would love a built/swapped 80 or clean 100.

Here is a couple of undercarriage shots and shots of dual fuel and oil filters. Let me know if anyone wants to see anything else.

A998DF46-28B8-49F7-B5B2-ECFD57208B3D.jpeg

12BE05AC-B150-417B-9F34-CB49618C99D0.jpeg

A42C15B5-6F13-42E4-8F13-F7F919C3CE0D.jpeg

08362375-75C5-4AC2-9340-ACFB401A2F0D.jpeg

Lots of interest but still on the market. Drove it every day last week to work. Somebody convince me not to keep it.

You still have this 60?

So I couldn’t find anything in the previous “for sale” posts and simply don’t want to look through 139 pages, but did it ever get lockers?

Sorry for late response. It does NOT have lockers. I considered putting some lunchbox lockers in it, but no current need. I did just put a new alternator in. Any fun trades out there?

The longer this thing is for sale the more I wanna trade my 80 for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom