Goose Gear Rear Plate System - worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Always find a wsy to hand over money with my truck. As i removed both rows of seats ( prior owner used them as a romper room) i am in need to organize my stuff vs soft bag and plastic containers awaiting thieves. Any one car to add thoughts on the two aspects to installing drawers? Base layer required for a proper lockable drawer system.

1667599203939.png

Co-Founder of ADGU here. FYI, we're releasing a keyed-lock drawer option right now, alongside a 48" drawer. And we've got 2nd row seat delete frames (and could add side panels to fully enclose if required). We did a cool top-hatch access setup for the 5th gen 4Runner where they had deleted the 2nd row and were living out of the car.

Also, FYI, those "plates" from the "other guys"are bedlined plywood.

Our 5th gen with that top access hatch:
20220408_095027.jpg

20220408_094532.jpg

Lock design on a Sequoia in CAD that I happen to finishing up right now (excuse all the missing components, it's not in "pretty render" mode):

1669775823797.png

If you're interested in anything we can offer, reach out and we'll see what from our current catalog or future additions can do what you need!

-Andy

Always find a wsy to hand over money with my truck. As i removed both rows of seats ( prior owner used them as a romper room) i am in need to organize my stuff vs soft bag and plastic containers awaiting thieves. Any one car to add thoughts on the two aspects to installing drawers? Base layer required for a proper lockable drawer system.

Hey there, I've been searching thru all posts related to a second row delete. Debating on doing a second row seat delete since much like yours the previous owners destroyed them. I have been dismantling them since they broke some of the latches and levers too. My plan is to build a semi full-time camper/dwelling unit and rarely ever have to transport anyone.

I'm curious if you ever got around to building a system and if you did infact do so without the rear seats installed?

Hey there, I've been searching thru all posts related to a second row delete. Debating on doing a second row seat delete since much like yours the previous owners destroyed them. I have been dismantling them since they broke some of the latches and levers too. My plan is to build a semi full-time camper/dwelling unit and rarely ever have to transport anyone.

I'm curious if you ever got around to building a system and if you did infact do so without the rear seats installed?
I have a lot of opinions re this. I tossed both 2nd and 3rd row seats, belts, harware,carpet added an after market drawer system. Discovered i needed to replace 2nd row so Hasan in Covina, CA sold me one for $300 installed with hardware. Works with drawer system. Roof rack upgrade is ready for RTT if I want.

I have a lot of opinions re this. I tossed both 2nd and 3rd row seats, belts, harware,carpet added an after market drawer system. Discovered i needed to replace 2nd row so Hasan in Covina, CA sold me one for $300 installed with hardware. Works with drawer system. Roof rack upgrade is ready for RTT if I want.

I have my seats torn apart to make some repairs and weld the broken latch rod, also to dig out and deep clean the filth left behind. I was looking at fabbing up something to fit over the second row but I might be living out of it for a while and considered ditching the seats to gain more room.

I've been back and forth on the direction to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom