Builds Goose Gear 80 Series Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut it out with my jig saw with metal blade and sized to fit. Drilled the hole in the right place.

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

Did another fix on the GG 80. The driver seat did not have an outer cover for the seat. I finally found one on eBay. Not the right color, but will do until I can locate the proper color. Anyone have an extra oak one laying around on Mud?

before:

IMG_2284.JPG

Great looking build. I like what you are doing with the rig. I also like that platform system. Very nice.

Quick question - when you had your rig weighed, did that have all of your trail gear and stuff in it as well? I ask because I am really considering getting an 80 series to turn into a camping/exploring/wheeling rig. I have thought about a lot of different platforms, but the 80 looks pretty attractive for several reasons - one of which is that it has a decent amount of payload (~1700 lbs, if google is correct). I have seen too many overland builds on 1/2 ton trucks that just go way overboard on weight and end up being far north of the GVWR.

Thanks!

Great looking build. I like what you are doing with the rig. I also like that platform system. Very nice.

Quick question - when you had your rig weighed, did that have all of your trail gear and stuff in it as well? I ask because I am really considering getting an 80 series to turn into a camping/exploring/wheeling rig. I have thought about a lot of different platforms, but the 80 looks pretty attractive for several reasons - one of which is that it has a decent amount of payload (~1700 lbs, if google is correct). I have seen too many overland builds on 1/2 ton trucks that just go way overboard on weight and end up being far north of the GVWR.

Thanks!
That was with all my gear- which isn’t much. Sleeping bag, food, some tools, clothes, cooking stuff. At this point I don’t plan too do much more. I’ll consider bumpers, but only if I need them. They will put me over GVW. Minor adjustments will be ongoing.

Last edited:
Another little minor project today. I added @LandCruiserPhil 's batter bracket. The OEM one was missing when I bought it. Of course, I measured wrong and drilled the hole the first time and it was too narrow. Yes, I measured twice - just wrong both times. I remeasured and got the hole in the right spot. I think I will need to replace this one in the near future. It seems to be really brittle. Now I can go wheeling with less worry.

IMG_2352.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom