Goodyear Wrangler MTr's in 35 inch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recentley purchased my second set of MTR's from the local Goodyear store. The tires were spun balanced. After this purchase the front of the vehicle wobbled and jumped up and down like heck. The vehicle did not do this prior to the new tire purchase.

I took the 40 back and watched them re balance the two front tires. They went from no weighs to a full pound on each tire.

As I watched the balance machine balance out to zero and 16 oz I assumed they were OK. It took the store 2 hours of continous fiddling with the rim and tire.

My home is a short low speed ride from the store and all seemed well.

I drove the 40 last night and about lost control at 35 MPH. The left front wheel was bouncing up and down. I feel the tire has a flaw.

I purchased the full warranty and feel they should start over with a new tire or two.

Is having a full pound of lead weight in one location alot of weight for a 35 inch tire? Should I ask / insist on a new tire?

Thanks,

BigJim

Sounds like those tires aren't out of balance they are way out of round.
Id'e tak'em back and get some new rubber and I wouldn't trust the rears either if there from the same lot :beer:.

Take them back and demand another set. Those tires sound like they are defective. Not only will they tear up your front end, they may get you killed!

Well I would take them back too. Don't feel bad about it. They have to make it right. I also had 35's on a vehicle and when the balancer called for 10oz I wasn't too happy. Instead of putting all that weight on I went with the balancing beads. Once the bag of beads broke inside my tire, the ride was great.

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom