Goodbye to an old friend...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

My 80 has just left the house. It's life of leisure, basking in the NC sun, enjoying the beaches of OBX, carting around 2 crazy dogs and my wife and me - all over.

The 80 was a Bucket List vehicle for me. Ever since I knew they existed, I wanted one. Finally, upon moving to NC in 2006, I found The One, difflocks and all. It has been a great companion, a fun vehicle, full of memories good and bad. Always there, ready to hit Uwharrie, OBX, the mountains, the highway, the grocery, or the parking lot at work. I've driven untold hours in it, I've slept in it, I've always relied on it and it never let me down. Ever. I smiled every single time I drove it.

As of 2.5 yrs ago, I stopped daily driving it; and this year I'd hardly driven it at all. I listed it for sale, hoping a Cruiserhead would be interested and would appreciate and use it for what it is.

And talk about luck! I posted it on RDU CL late Friday night. The next day, a fellow who was visiting family here emailed about it. He came to look Sunday morning; came back that afternoon with his wife and son, and the deal was done. They just left the house with it, and soon it will be on its way to Alaska!

Nathan is a real Cruiserhead - my 80 brings his stable to 3.5 Cruisers (40, 60, disassembled 62). They live on the Kennai Peninsula in Alaska, and allegedly this will be Claire's vehicle - but everyone knows how that goes. The 80 will get used - for their family vehicle, for their work, for play. And that eases the pain of seeing it go.

Goodbye my friend, and thank you. Please take care of your new people as well as you tended to me.
28166-1414000295-7b26cd390c70292cbbe2cc2b6e7b533c.jpg

I can vividly recall going up Daniel at URE for the first time riding shotgun in you 80. I'm sorry to see it leave the club but glad to see the details about the buyer and where it is going.

Last edited:
Glad you got to live the dream and hang out here with us Joe; and good to see the cruiser going off to create more great memories for a new owner.

Last edited:
sad to see it go but at least it went to a cruiser head.

Now you can post some pics of the GX up:)

Always a sad day when someone gives up a vehicle they've cared about. I've loved every vehicle I've owned, and I've hated to see them go when they've gone. As others have said, you did it a service by making sure it went to a good owner, so that's a silver lining.

Hope everything else is going well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom