Goodbye Chapter 2? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JToobe

SILVER Star
Threads
Wife had someone pull out in front of her yesterday about noon and could not avoid hitting them......everyone's fine but pretty confident the '07 LX470 will be totaled with 292k on the odometer. Wife has already asked if we can buy back and get fixed as she loves this one...actually she loves them all about as much as I do!
LX Accident 1.jpg
LX Accident 2.jpg

Glad Sherri is okay. Sorry to see another one bite the dust, or maybe not. Buy her back and get her fixed!

Buying it back? They wanted to total my 470 but I wouldn’t let them. They ended up paying about 5k to fix it at Caliber Collision. Looked similar to yours just no fender damage.

We plan to buy it back, awaiting offer now from State Farm (his insurance).

Took two weeks for it to get towed to the body shop for State Farm to get eyes on it.....Got message late yesterday that State Farm will fix it....almost $12k in repairs. Wife is happy...now just how long will she have to drive the Nissan Tic Tac?

Took two weeks for it to get towed to the body shop for State Farm to get eyes on it.....Got message late yesterday that State Farm will fix it....almost $12k in repairs. Wife is happy...now just how long will she have to drive the Nissan Tic Tac?
My advice: if the body shop says 6 weeks, tell her 12 weeks.

My advice: if the body shop says 6 weeks, tell her 12 weeks.

Body shop thinks they will have it done by the end of June! Said that Toyota/Lexus are the quickest to get turned around as they do a great job of keeping parts at their dealerships...scanned the parts list and they already have identified where to get them. Most were coming from Jim Hudson Lexus in Columbia or Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte. Hood from LKQ in Duncan. Furtherst part appears to be the left fender, coming from Irving, TX.

We shall see.....

Got call this morning that LX is heading to paint shop and should be ready next Wednesday! Incredible.....

We picked up the LX Tuesday afternoon and it looks great...having brand new headlights and fog lights is so nice....BUT, a mile from the shop several dash board lights lit up together so went back and they did a scan...no codes thrown so an appointment was made for us to drop off at the Lexus dealership yesterday morning and get a nice new Lexus loaner! All still paid for by State Farm! Invoice for body shop was $11,200...still seeking to find out what the vehicle was valued at.

Dealership called to say that LX was ready for pickup Friday morning but after wife picking it up and making two errand stops, all lights returned, so back to the dealership it went....wife is getting to drive a second brand new Lexus SUV model now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom