Good Wrench in Dallas? A few names keep popping up. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just moved here and I'm bringing my 85 '60 down. She's been sitting for a while, so my plan is to do a refresh on the gas tank, suspension, and AC system. I see a few names brought up:
- Dadja ("the man" but with a months-long wait?)
- Goode (Highly recommended from a couple of people)
- Dung Nguyen (I remember this name from a decade ago when I spent more time on and in my truck, but haven't seen anyone push him recently)
- Buddy (Seems to be mixed reviews on the few threads I saw, expensive)

Any way to differentiate between the three? Any

Thanks.

- Buddy (Seems to be mixed reviews on the few threads I saw, expensive)

Get in line for Buddy as well. Months of waiting. I have never been able to get my truck in there.

I don't know how many responses you'll get about getting others to work on these dinosaurs on a tech forum. I have taken mine to Toyota of McKinney in the past when I needed something quick done in a pinch. Was small stuff though but they did good work.

With my truck being a daily driver I generally gave up on waiting for shops to work on it long ago. I would sell mine if I couldn't do the work myself. HTH.

Edit: This has been covered before:

Last edited:
When I need help or get lazy my cruisers go to Mayo Automotive in Lewisville. Great shop and very reasonable prices and turn around time. Ahmad is a great guy.

I actually had two great conversations with Mike Goode and Mike Dadja. Dadja was a bit less expensive, a bit faster, and I vibed with him, so the truck will be going there.

Hi, Dung passed away years ago. Great guy. Mike

Highly recommend Mayo. Just had some work done. Ahmad is a good dude.

I actually had two great conversations with Mike Goode and Mike Dadja. Dadja was a bit less expensive, a bit faster, and I vibed with him, so the truck will be going there.
How long did it take for Dadja to complete your work?

When I need help or get lazy my cruisers go to Mayo Automotive in Lewisville. Great shop and very reasonable prices and turn around time. Ahmad is a great guy.

I had Mayo automotive do my steering rack, UCAs, CV axle and AHC delete and Ironman lift. He also did an overall inspection and said everything was good. I specifically asked many times if the lower ball joints were good or bad and was told they were good. Went to get an alignment and they told me my lower ball joints needed to be replaced along with my tie rod ends and steering rack bushings…called and talked to Mayo and he said they were wrong. One side does look like the ball joint is shot (I can lift the wheel up and see the ball joint isn’t tight) and both wheels have some play if I grab the wheel 3-6. Not sure if it’s the LBJ or wheel bearings but it is sketchy that Mayo told me everything was good when something likely needs to be fixed - maybe it just isn’t immediate.

I asked Mayo if he could do the alignment and check everything out again. He said he would give me a call. A week passed and I never heard from him. Called him today, left a VM and still haven’t heard back from him. Maybe he’s tires of dealing with me but I would like him to look at it again.

He was very helpful and knowledgeable when I have spoken with him, which has been quite a bit but I’m a bit put off he won’t return the call to finish the work.

Any experience with this?

That sucks. I've only used Mayo once but never had any problems with communication. I'd try calling him again. Also, you could just drive by the shop with the truck.

That sucks. I've only used Mayo once but never had any problems with communication. I'd try calling him again. Also, you could just drive by the shop with the truck.
I’m sure he’s just busy to which I am sympathetic and up until now I haven’t had an issues. Going to give it another few days. I’ve been happy with the work so far. It’s not like I’m hassling him on something that wasn’t done right. I’m wanting him to do more work. Opposite experience I’ve had compared to most other mechanics.

Hey guys, I would also like to put my name in the hat. I am located in Farmers Branch.

My specialty is 62, 80, and 100 series. I do everything except paint and body. Feel free to reach out. 817-879-2232

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom