Good vector images of fj40s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caladin

Noob, but trying to learn
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
bz93.com
I'm getting a CNC diode laser later today and wanted to play with it. Does anyone know of any good free fj40/fj60/teq images out there?

A Live, Laugh, Love sign just seems a bit trite :D

Thanks,

Eric-

I'm getting a CNC diode laser later today and wanted to play with it. Does anyone know of any good free fj40/fj60/teq images out there?

A Live, Laugh, Love sign just seems a bit trite :D

Thanks,

Eric-
It might be easier to find a raster image that you like and do a conversion to vector. That’s what I did for the fj 40 in this plaque. I needed a lower detail image since I was using a cnc router vs laser. Your lines can be much narrower so more detail, even shading is possible.

IMG_1801.jpeg

What software are you using? Many can semi easily convert a PDF to something you can post to your laser.

I used carbide create to convert the fj40 to vector. It has image tracing built in. Then I used it to clean it all up ( there were little errors here and there), simplify it to make it cut-able, and combine it with the rest of the design. Then I could define my tool-paths and send the files to the machine.

What software are you using? Many can semi easily convert a PDF to something you can post to your laser.
Yeah on my old machine, i had a copy of illustrator cs5 my wife got from her work and did all kinds of that, but I refuse to pay for Illustrator month to month.

I tried to dig up the install CDs but didn't find them

I'm using inkscape now and hate it with a burning fire that knows no bounds.

I realize this is a router and not a laser, but it's all similar stuff. I made this as a present for JP. Started with a screen shot, traced it in vcarve (which also has laser post processors) then coded the part.

View attachment 3304772

View attachment 3304773
That is awesome!
I've got a CNC plasma cutter too, but I have to clean the garage to get it up and running again. But no router currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom