Good To Be Back! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, after a long love afair with a 6MT FJ Cruiser, I'm back behind the wheel of an LC.

We needed something that handled multiple tasks, including towing our Airstream. We had a 2011 Tundra DC for that (and it was fantastic), we bought it with 6,800 miles on it and after putting 6,000 of our own on it noticed some weird issues with the ABS. Long story short--it was totalled by the guy who traded it in. The body shop did a bang-up job (pun intended) covering everything up. Good news is that the dealership bought it back from us.

In the meantime we found out we're expecting our first kiddo! :D

The search was on. We actually have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel on order from the factory but I was having a hard time with the first-year platform thing and the fact that resale on Grand Cherokees is TERRIBLE.

So we came back home!!! We've had a couple other rigs...a '97 40th and a '96 LX450. It just gets in your blood I think.

I stumbled across a 2004 Landcruiser sitting all pretty on a Lexus lot in Sacramento. One-owner Cali rig with 73,000 miles. This thing is damn near flawless. Drove it home a few hours later. This was Monday. Happy Veterans Day to us! :cheers:

Tuesday Night = Wheels and reverse Midas (de-gold).
This Morning = Ordered OME 2.5 Medium with Slee UCAs.
Tonight = Hit the hubs with a shot of black plasti-dip & talk to stereo guys about iPod interface

Yes it has shift knobs. Aparrently a bunch of kids went on a knob stealing spree at this dealership so now they keep them all inside.

Cruiser 1.jpg

Cruiser 2.jpg

Cruiser 5.jpg

Cruiser 4.jpg

Cruiser 3.jpg

Looks like a very nice base for a build!

BTW, wishing you a good Veteran's Day to you too!

from an active Army Warrant Officer reservist.

Lookin good!

Sent from my mudPad

Looks like a great find. Welcome back!

Looks good. What offset are you running on the wheels?

Thanks.

Offset is 12. These were originally on my Tundra. I had them sitting in the garage so figured WTH. Glad they work out because it makes the LC look way better!

I have a 2.5 OME Medium on the way with Slee UCAs. Then I just plan to drive it for a while.

What is the size of your Airstream, you'll have to let us know how it tows!

We have a 2014 International Signature 23'. It's just under 4,800 pounds dry and we tow with a weight distribution hitch. I have towed it with my FJ but it only has a 5,000lb capacity...right at the limit. With the Tundra you barely even knew it was there.

We'll see how it goes with the 100. This is obviously not the reason we bought the truck, but merely a 5% solution. We rarely go more than 2 hours away (the joys of living in NorCal). We wanted something "capable" of towing when needed but driveable for the other 95% of stuff we do.

If we were looking for an exclusive tow vehicle, went out for long hauls or were full timing in the AS, the 100 wouldn't have even been on the list.

FJ & AS.jpg

Tundra Towing.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom