good supplier for vacuum hoses (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
One more thing...i'd like to replace all the vacuum hoses on the FJ60. Who is a good supplier and what size should i get (anyone know off hand)?

I just pulled off one of each size hose, went down to Napa, and got the closest thing they had to everything. Before I went I would roughly overshoot the length I needed, get it by the foot each type and then cut to length as I reinstalled. Be careful to take pics/label where junk goes. Napa's hoses were nearly the exact same thing as my 40 had originally.

Specter just started selling exact fit vacuum hoses for the brake booster, vacuum transfer shift and pcv valve applications, if that is what you have in mind. I guess the sizes are just a little off the standard, and very hard to find. I have done what Bailey did for my use, before these were available, and made it work.

autozone is like $.45 a foot or something

Most auto parts stores don't sell the metric vacuum hoses that are on Crusiers. The standard equivalent just doesn't fit right. I think the metric size is 3.5mm. You can get the original metric stuff from Toyota, but I'm sure the price is insane. I found this source on the CCOT webpage a while back:

http://www.hosetechniques.com/

I know, it's kinda cheesy turbo-Civic ricer stuff, but it's probably cheaper than Toyota, and you can get any color you want! ::) Another idea is to go to the junkyard and pull some off another import car or truck. They probably won't even charge you for it.

Haven't done this yet, but I *think* VW also uses metric, but prices might be just as insane as Toyota.

Also, if you're taking samples, pull a hose off, snip 2" off, and put it back; do that for each diameter hose. Estimate total length you need for each diameter.

Then, when it comes time to put the new hoses on, do them one at a time, measuring new hose, taking old hose off, and replacing it. ONE AT A TIME! Crossing over a couple of vacuum hoses by accident is a pain.

THanks...i'll check some of these sources. You know...what would be useful is a list of all the hoses and their dimensions. I'll probably start with the 400' of small vacuum hoses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom