Good source for bumper builder components (DIY swingout on Coastal Offroad bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all - I'm generally a lurker, but appreciate all of the tech knowledge here. I've had my 2014 4Runner Trail since new, have been camping/overlanding it for years but slowly modifying as I get the chance.

I have a Coastal Offroad rear bumper on order (the full height version). I didn't like the look of their heim-joint swingouts and figured I should fab my own swingout using a spindle. Thing is, there are a ton of companies selling this stuff and I don't know any of them. Any recommendations on where to source components? I've stumbled across 4x4labs, comp4x4, ballistic (just plates, no spindle), TMR, and a whole bunch of others. Can't tell from the websites which ones resell the same stuff vs. which ones design/fab it in-house. Will probably build my own swingout from tube (have a cold saw, welder, etc) but not opposed to a kit if the design is worth it.

Photo is the pre-bumper state.

Thanks!

4Runner - 1.jpeg

Welcome, You will get lot more responses if you post in the 4runner section. Nice rig though!

Welcome, You will get lot more responses if you post in the 4runner section. Nice rig though!
Probably good advice. I'm not a frequent forum poster and was guessing a bit. Did also post the question over on ExPo and got a few answers there. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom