Good shop for water pump replacement 2016 Tundra in Tucson (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to replace my serp belt and water pump soon. Recommendations?

I'm old school, but thinking you need to go deeper. Timing belt with pump bearing/seal kit.

The 5.7 has a timing chain....good for the life of the engine, according to Toyota. Thanks

The 5.7 has a timing chain....good for the life of the engine, according to Toyota. Thanks

But the 3.4 and 4.7 both have belts and John has one of each. 4.0 is a chain. Not sure about the 4.6 that replaced the 4.7. Bought a new Pathfinder in 1987 (didn't realize the LC was going to have an auto in 1988) and remember what a poor design where a timing belt needed to be removed to get to the water pump. All Toyota trucks and SUVs went that way by the mid nineties. Maybe not the four cylinder that had a few years left but six cylinder and eight cylinder belt/chain has to be removed to get to the water pump.

The original question on this post is the recommendation of a good shop in Tucson. Thanks

The original question on this post is the recommendation of a good shop in Tucson. Thanks

Sorry for the hijack.

Hijack a plus imo, gained some Toyota knowledge I may actually use in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom