Good seal driver kits? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to come up with a decent seal driver kit, anyone using one that is pretty good quality without a huge investment. I just started looking yesterday but haven't found anything all that great - what are you guys using?

And I've already got sockets, pipe, punches, bolts & washers, PVC...none of that crap works :mad:

Thanks

I have one I purchased from Carquest. I think it was made by OTC. I cant remember how much I paid for it. I bought it about 10 years ago. Its aluminum with 6 drivers, 2 sizes per driver.

Thanks - that Lisle kit looks pretty decent for $40, the race driver might be handy once you use it too

I have the Lisle seal/race master set mentioned above. They make the master set (9 drivers) and a smaller set (6 drivers). If you go this route, I'd recommed the master set. You'll need one of the bigger drivers for the inner hub bearing race.

I don't think that those, if they are plastic, are very good. I've used plastic before and have had bad luck. I've had great luck using sockets as you describe, and the old races.

I purchased (as part of their tool loaner gig) a set at auto zone and returned it when I finshed with it. Worked great.

the otc drivers may be pricey as otc is the company that handles dealer sst's. lisle is a decent name, but as mentioned stay away from plastic....they'll break about the second time to tap em. harbor freight does plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom