Good quality front hub/wheel bearing grease??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use the Valvoline greases in my 40 and 80. Palladium for the knuckles and Cerulean (sp?) for the hubs and bearings. Pretty inexpensive and can be found at most Napa stores. The bearing grease is a teal/blue color and very tacky. There's a big thread in the 80 section about different grease characteristics. You should be able to find it with half decent search-foo skills.

Standard multipurpose grease for wheelbearings, U-joints, linkage pivots, and most other grease nipples you can find (such as on your winch).

Molybdenum di-sulphide grease for "birfs", ball-joints, (and perhaps some pivots that have a lot of clearance and are thus prone to create vibration noise).

Who cares about the brands (except I think it's best to avoid really obscure brands that have had no long-term presence in the market in your country) ---

It's the same deal as with engine oils ..... Certain brands get top dollar simply because the manufacturers of those brands market them towards the people who dote over their vehicles and want to pamper them with better products (whereas in fact any product superiority amongst recognised brands is entirely questionable).
:beer:

Last edited:
Well, I am not in the shop today to read a PN off one of the cans. The green can you posted looks very similar, and I'm reasonably certain the product code contains the numbers 313, so, in the absence of having a can in front of me, I'll go with the green can as my final answer.:p

I'd like to phone a friend. :shifty:

I like Lucas Red & Tacky.
I got some of this for the 66 Schwinn I'm rebuilding--it's red, and it is tacky-I think it will work just fine.

I got some of this for the 66 Schwinn I'm rebuilding--it's red, and it is tacky-I think it will work just fine.
That's funny, because I gravitated to the grease I used because of a similar product I used on MY Schwinn growing up.

I use Lucas Oil on my trailer wheel bearings, JD lawnmower axles, steering, and a JD tractor. Handles temp extremes very well and is very long-lasting. Won’t dry out like a lot of the other brands and doesn’t drip out of the grease gun in hot weather. It’s the only grease I’ll use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom