Good quality front hub/wheel bearing grease??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I am redoing my front brakes as I discovered stuck calipers up front who know's how old they are?? I am replacing calipers, rotors, pads and spring/pin hardware. The hubs/races and inner and outer bearings look to be in excellent shape with plenty of grease in there and clean as well. One side has a black grease, other blue stuff. What are folks using for these bearings? I am looking for a good quality hi temp I believe bearing grease correct?? The FSM recommends molybdeum disulfide?? Is that a hi temp bearing grease?? Anyways want to clean them both out and have the same hi quality stuff on both sides.

Birfield Maintenance

maxtron.jpg

CENEX Maxtron EP,
This is what we use in our truck fleet, high moly count, be interested in other opinions....

Last edited:
Cool, good Birf link as well, thanks. Right now I just want to lube the hub/wheel bearings

I use a lithium base grease for the wheel bearings
moly based in birfs and u-joints

image.jpeg
I bought a can of wheel bearing grease from Toyota. Here in Japan it was an affordable way to be sure I had a quality lubricant.

Should I get the notion to tear into my front hubs, I plan on using the Caterpillar Extreme Application products.

So I am redoing my front brakes as I discovered stuck calipers up front who know's how old they are?? I am replacing calipers, rotors, pads and spring/pin hardware. The hubs/races and inner and outer bearings look to be in excellent shape with plenty of grease in there and clean as well. One side has a black grease, other blue stuff. What are folks using for these bearings? I am looking for a good quality hi temp I believe bearing grease correct?? The FSM recommends molybdeum disulfide?? Is that a hi temp bearing grease?? Anyways want to clean them both out and have the same hi quality stuff on both sides.
Since your bearings are in excellent shape, try to find out what was in there before and use that.--if you do find out, post the results,please.

A previous owner had greased them!?!? So I have no idea.............

Peteinjp, how much is a can of #2 Toyota grease in Japan? Here in the US it is a bit pricey, I think. What color is it? The factory grease in the rear axle hubs on my 100, which appeared to not have been serviced since the truck left the factory, was a really slippery white. It looked fresh and ready for another 100K miles when the axle was serviced.

I prefer a grease that is heavier than what can be pumped out of a gun. I hand pack all my wheel bearings in a dark golden color wheel bearing grease. Stalube.

It was about $12 I think. You can see the color in the bearing packer sitting on top of the can.

Pete

I've been using Schaeffer oils lately. I'm satisfied with the products they carry

That is the type of grease I am looking for as I want to hand pack mine as well.

Thanks for posting, maybe Mark will comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom