Good outcome with Sears road hazard warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
[start Beonese]

We've had a series of about 8 days with the max temp over 100 degrees and unusually warm nights. On Tuesday I returned from lunch and parked Pristine in the same parking place she's in every day. Uncovered, asphalt parking lot, no shade; Hot! Left work around 6PM... in a hurry to pick up my son and head for a scout meeting. Pulled out of the parking space and heard thump, thump, with a lumpy feeling in the steering wheel. (Oh no, not a flat!) Got out and checked all 4 tyres, no flats. Drove another 100 yards and the thumps are bad. (Oh no, something terrible is wrong!) Got out again and did a closer inspection of the front end. There are two chunks approx 1 lb each stuck to both front tyres. The hot asphalt parking lot has STUCK to the tyres. Tried to pry the junk out of the tread but this is a huge mess. OK, I think this is going to fly off, no big deal. Well it didn't and to make a long story short (yeah right) the asphalt got deeply embedded in the tread (BFG A/T ko's) and caused a major problem with tyre balance.

I should have parked it but my wife was out of town, her car was at the airport, we had an important troop meeting, and we were running late. Drive on... wildly shaking... kid asking "what's wrong with the Cruiser?"

Take the truck to Sears early Weds morning and they say no way to clean and balance... it needs 2 new tyres. Checked road hazard warranty and it's covered. Tyres have approx 25,000 miles and have worn less than 25% of tread depth so the two new tyres are FREE. All I had to pay was $36 for the road hazard warranty on the new tyres. They also gave me a $5 coupon making the total only $31.

:D

[end Beonese]
-B-

Wow. And I thought Sears was only good for replacing tools that I misuse. :D

Only the Wulf could manage to get his cruizer stuk to asphalt.

A :banana: job for him, no doubt.

It would take me as least :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: to do that one "right" ::)

Heh, that story sounds familiar. My Dad drives his Ducati ST4 to work sometimes during the summer, or he did a lot when he had the 80 to drive to work everyday. Well one day it was about 102 in the shade soo on hot asphalt you can imagine. Well he had it up on the center stand which puts the front wheel on the ground and two little posts hold up the rear. It sunk about 3-5 inchs down into the asphalt. He had to yank the bike out of the ground. Nothing was damaged or anything just made me think.

See, you CAN tear up the road without a S/C....

-H-,

He's dang lucky the cops didn't write him up for "exhibition driving" ::)

here's one from the other end of the thermometer. Back when I had a dirt driveway which was made up of mostly clay soil I parked my FJ60 one night in early spring and found it the next afternoon frozen in place. There was enough mud to ooze around the tires and then froze with a big temp drop that evening. No new tires though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom