Good or bad (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after some thought I'm still undecided as to weither or not to tie my rollcage mounts to the frame. As it is Ive fabbed some 1/4 plate braced with 1x2 box wall as roll cage mounts in the fenderwell. The idea was to extend the 1/4 plate down and drill a hole to mount a 1/2 bolt directly to the frame.

What are the + or - to this?

BTW I have a hard top and plan to have an external rollcage built of 1x2 box wall.

Peace
Neal

if your tub is rusted or tweaked, it may be hard to do, but, done right, you can actually square your tub up by mounting to the frame.

I don't really get what yer saying, but I would definitely do it. It you don't want it to be permanent, you can just bolt the two plates together, on top of and beneath the wheel well, like they came stock

1x2 box? What wall thickness? And unless you tie into the frame, your cage depends on sheetmetal body mount tabs and nuts tacked to them to take the strain of a roll - not advisable to say the least.

It can be tricky to tie the rear tub to the frame and allow wheel travel - look for some of the Faultline fab post to see the frame plates and studs, try to incorporate something like that or check out metaltech's site for a very stout tie-in setup -

So you're gonna build an exo out of 1x2 square tubing? Wow :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom