1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good on ya UK

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Red Herring, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    Man, is anyone else impressed by how the Brits are handling the investigation into the bombings? From the get go, their attitude has been exemplary... "We Are Not Affraid"... AWESOME UK!!!! And coppers seem to be making great headway in their investigation of who the bombers were, and the network they have. Jolly good show I say!! The stiff upper lip is definately the way to approach these bastards! They can hit ya, but they can't knock you down!! Good on Ya!!!
    :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Now, don't go invading the Faulklands for revenge! ;p

2. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    i did like the way the bobby pumped 5 bullets from an automatic into a suspected bomber who was lying down prone on a train today in case he had a detonator. that is old school.

3. Red Herring

Red Herring

Media:
    Albums:
    Too bad for him.... good for moral I say!

4. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

maybe a guy selling fake Rolexes from under his coat...? :eek:

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Agreed, good on them for taking care of business.

But...I'd be a bit nervous if I was a middle-eastern or black person riding on public transit if they continue with the "shoot first, ask questions later" policy.

6. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Diddo...especially when you are dead and unable to anwser said questions...

I have been impressed..but I will keep my American citizenship...thank you.

7. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    are we second guessing cops without the facts again?

he was a suspect as connected to the bombings, the police were following him, they decided they had better arrest him when he went into the subway. when challenged he jumped a turnstyle and ran, he was wearing a heavy padded winter overcoat on a hot july day.

it impresses me that they ran him down and knocked him over first instead of shooting at him immediately as he ran away with a crowd of people around him. It takes guts to run down a fleeing potential suicide bomber, and if he had detonated while running the police would have taken the blame for not shooting sooner.

8. chet

chet

ya no s***! He was running! So if you are a middle eastern person that is not doing anyhting wrong would you run? Nope especially not after today! Good show of force I think.

9. alvarorb

alvarorb Color Geek in Charge

I applaud the London police. These are the guys that walk around without a gun. The detective must have been pretty sure what he was doing. Plus, if you had nothing to fear or even if you did, would you run from the police in a time like this?
    Too bad they killed him. He might been better alive to get more info out of him. But wearing what could be explosives, no chances could be taken.

Regards

Alvaro

10. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

I agree with you guys...if he didn't have something to hide why run...

Just sucks that they now think he had no connection...dumb move on his part for sure.

11. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    who is reporting no connection? the bbc is reporting a direct link to the other bombers and names an eyewitness describing the guy as having a bomb belt with wires coming out. if it is mistaken identity it sounds like the police had a lot of reasons to make their mistake.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

12. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

Was our local CBS affiliate...well if that all is true...great shooting!

13. NorCalDoug

I have never second guess cops on this or any other forum. Find evidence otherwise, then you have something to say.

The key word was SUSPECT. Now dead. Hopefully he was involved...if this is the case, then I'm glad he's dead. If he wasn't...well there isn't any sort of "UNDO" is there?

14. gulp3000

gulp3000

Well, I hope he needed killin' (some folks do), but if he didn't the blame for his death may or may not be the cops fault. He may have done something to justify it even if he didn't deserve it, and the terrorists are the ones that raised the stakes. Lot's of places where the blame might lay IF there was anything wrong with the shooting.

15. semlin

semlin discouraged user

Media:
    Albums:
    Doug,

i said "we" not "you" and I posed it as a question not as a statement intending a general comment about mud as a whole (recall the recent thread) and not intending to personalize it. I am sorry if you took it personally. I didn't mean to imply you personally or TX_TLC were in the habit of second guessing cops.

16. TX_TLC

TX_TLC

No offense taken...

17. Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

No, it's GREAT that they killed him... they should be executing more of those bastards then just sitting them in cells or camps and feeding them... These are extremeists that are killing INNOCENT people, people that had or have nothing to do with ANY politics or "religious" activities. Every time they catch one of the named or known Terrorists, they should execute them - end of story. By executing them, it shows the world that 99.9% of the people today WANT a FREE society without worrying about terrorism. It will also show that any country against terrorism is NOT going to put up with their antics of killing innocent people by executing those responsible (based upon facts). There are so many of these thugs just sitting and rotting, that the "followers" already know that IF they follow through with another event (bombing), they have succeeded in doing so and IF caught, they'll be "protected" by being placed in a cell or camp...

The Police in this instance had the facts, they were trailing the guy, as was mentioned, he's wearing a very long & heavy coat on a very HOT day, plus the fact that he DID RUN. If you have nothing to do with a certain situation, whether past or present, then WHY RUN? The perp obviously had motives and was up to no good.

The other problem in my opinion is, we (the US) are not devoting enough energy or time to REALLY protecting the citizens or best interests in this country... There are so many loopholes still open, so many areas that are not really "protected" that IF something happens on US soil again, it's only going to reverberate the "I told you so"....

London is great in acting VERY FAST in going after the perps and actually beefing up their security levels to the point that they ARE AWARE of what is going on... Look at how quick those images from the closed circuit footage came out after the 2nd round of bombings...

ah don't get me started... LOL

18. NorCalDoug

Ditto. We're cool.

19. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    That freedom fighter got what he deserved, as they should all recieve the same. The only thing that bothers me, is a dead man can't talk.

Another thing that bothers me is the fact that a couple of the freedom fighters got tackled and still escaped. What's up with that? Wasn't this a crowded subway station?

20. Kazmanff

Kazmanff

Pretty ballsy of the Brits who did attempt to tackle the bastards, you got a good idea this fawker has got a bomb strapped to him, and they still tried. Unfortunately, due to the illegality of handguns and no CCW, these guys know they have free reign of the city, and their only worry is one of the few armed LEO's.