Good nws about Bob Firestine Motor Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The real low down on the famous Bob Firestine Motor Mounts :)
They are still being manufactured and sold. The only thing that has changed is that Bob is no longer the middle man. The contact person now is the actual builder. He can be reached at <mbier@biercox.com> No word was given on the price of the mounts now. BTW, he as a copyright on that design, so I am told.

nuclearlemon said:
but can he make them for piggies?
I am in conversation with Matt that builds these mounts. He is willing to try and build a set for the 55s, but he wants a few measurements. Nuclearlemon, you want to make some measurements, to check what I get?
1. Thickness and height of frame.
2. Over all distance between the inside of the frames at the mount location, I would guess the narrowist place?

At least he is willing to try, so that is a real plus.
I won't be able to do this until friday.

up by the front mounts, the frame is 2 wide by 4" tall, it does get taller, but not until you get to where rear mounts would be .

width in front the the oem front mounts is 25 7/8 (not exact, but the best i can do with my crappy tape measure/string method). behind the further back of the two front mounts, it goes to 25" from there, it does get wider further back, but very slowly (1/8" between front and rear mounts).

hth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom