Good LX or no? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

looks pretty clean on the underside for an eastern rig... maybe hiding a bunch of rust with fresh paint? Hard to say.

Looks like lots of fresh black paint underneath to me
But I am looking on my phone so hard to tell

Does look
Too clean for eastern rig but that may be lipstick on a pig

Hey you get a nice fresh paint job on the undercarriage :oops:

I thought as much, I’m glad I got my hunch validated. Looks too good to be true. The hunt goes on I suppose. I’m down in VA, I was just mulling the idea of going up to NJ to see it but my gut feeling of too good to be true is being echoed by others here as well

Since you live only a few hours drive away, I'd hop in your truck and go take a look at it. Otherwise you'll never know for sure what condition it's in unless you go look at it. You could always look at it this way too, If it dosen't work out, you and your wife could swing by the coast on your way home for a big bucket of Blue Crab.

looks good to me. I too would be hesitant about an NJ rig, but pictures look pretty OK. I know it is common practice for some shady sellers to coat the underside to hide rust, but it's still obvious when they've just coated over serious rot. This does not look like that.

It's like house shopping. If the house smells overwhelmingly of air freshener, it usually means it has mold or cat pee. But sometimes it's just air freshener 🤷‍♂️

looks good to me. I too would be hesitant about an NJ rig, but pictures look pretty OK. I know it is common practice for some shady sellers to coat the underside to hide rust, but it's still obvious when they've just coated over serious rot. This does not look like that.

It's like house shopping. If the house smells overwhelmingly of air freshener, it usually means it has mold or cat pee. But sometimes it's just air freshener 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, my underbody looks somewhat similar just because I had the undercarriage brushed, acid sprayed and oil coated. Maybe they did the same? Might be worth asking.

To be honest, it looks like the ACIS (Automatic Corrosion Inhibiting System) is working over time. It doesn't look like wet paint, it looks like engine oil, everywhere.
A little like the underside of my rig, only much worse. I go through about a quart of oil every 1000 miles, doesn't mark its spot in the drive, but the underside is well oiled, but not as well as that one's.

I’m amazed at the amount of undercarriage pics. Especially from a buy here pay here looking place.

They have not responded to my phone calls or emails, doesn’t exactly inspire confidence

I’m amazed at the amount of undercarriage pics. Especially from a buy here pay here looking place.

Yeah, the bulk of the pics were undercarriage. Doesn't look too bad for an Eastern Vehicle.

Did see one pic that caught my attention though. Wondering if this has been replaced or if the factory welds were just that sloppy. They don't look like that anywhere on mine.

Might check to see if there are any collision reports.

weld.jpg

Last edited:
I got late to this one a few minutes from me.

BTW... This particular LX450, original post, has been in two accidents. in 1998 and in 2004

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom