Good looking LX450, but mileage?... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well i'm still on that hunt for my LC... and while i know i may have to give and take. I want something i'm gonna love, and I'm hoping "i'll know it when I see it"...

Anywho, I found a great looking rig (LX450), i like black and that trim on this one, and the interior looks great from the two photos i got. However, it has 193k on it. I was really looking for 150k or lower personally. And it even isn't so much the mileage but the price. He wants $7,995, seems overpriced to me but then again, I don't know. Is it because it's a Lexus? No service records either. I think i'm getting really caught up in the look, what do you guys think?

p.s. is it just me or does it not have wheel caps on? Should that be a sign of anything other than just "there not on" :hillbilly:

teediggs-albums-searching-picture5323-lx450.jpg

Last edited:
That's the same rig I just bought a few months ago, same exact color even.

It had 191,xxx when I got it and has 192,xxx on it now. Run like a sewing machine!

Obviously every car is different and maintenance history, but it is possible....

That's the same rig I just bought a few months ago, same exact color even.

It had 191,xxx when I got it and has 192,xxx on it now. Run like a sewing machine!

Obviously every car is different and maintenance history, but it is possible....

what did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking?

I know these things can run a while, but i guess I just want as much life on the engine as I can get in a reasonable amount, and most others I have been looking at are in the 140-160 ballpark

Just got one for $7500 with 150,000 miles to it and it came with lockers. Champagne color though. Not an expert but I think thats a bit high for the mileage.
Cary

Ask if he's the original owner. Maybe it's been well cared for, by the description you've given it sounds so.

..and welcome to the madness of MUD :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Have you check the maintenance records at the local Lexus dealership?

Price seems high, but now that I have one, I don't mind high prices.

what did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking?

I know these things can run a while, but i guess I just want as much life on the engine as I can get in a reasonable amount, and most others I have been looking at are in the 140-160 ballpark

My purchase was definitely an exception and hard to compare.

I paid $1600.

That being said it was wrecked in the front end. Which I didn't really care, most of the broken stuff I was planning to upgrade. It needed a new bumper and front axel- went with ARB and a locker front-end axel.

It also needed a new front passenger fender and head light, as well as a passenger side radius arm. I then went thru and put on a 4" lift, new tires, all new brake lines/pads, ect...

Off the top of my head I have about $5000 to $6000 invested. Not too bad considering everything upgraded is new.

Paid 7k for mine, locked, 161k on the clock at purchase, Keep looking or talk him way down! good luck and WELCOME!

The wheel caps yellow over time. Almost all of them have the discoloration if the owner hasn't removed/replaced/refinished them. I would not be concerned about this particular item.

Just bought mine in December for $7000. It has 141,000 miles, is factory locked, and came with brand new Nitto 285's and was very clean. I was very patient,(looked daily on craigslist and autotrader for over 3 months) and had to drive 450 miles to go look at it - but it was worth it! With that mileage, I wouoldn't offer more than $6000 without maint. records. My $.02 worth. Good Luck!

If youre worried about the mileage, don't be. These things don't just run for a while, they run forever IF you take care of them. No records would only bother me if there were red flags. Price is high too I think for the mileage.

I just bought a 1996 FZJ80, unlocked, 166k, Brand New Tires (less than a week old.) Dent in the front bumper, and drivers seat leather but looks and runs sweet.. He asked $6600 for it and I got it for $6000 and a glove box full of maintence records. I think he is asking a little too much, but Lockers are worth more, so its up to you. But it locks pretty.

P.S. Now if I can keep my wife from stealing it from me. Oh well I still have a 60 if need be.

Yup...that's high. Most of the LX-450's that I've seen for sale are actually a good bit cheaper than a comparable Land Cruiser. Run a nationwide search on autotrader/ebay/cars.com, etc. That will give you a good idea of what they're going for (as a whole). Many sellers seem to be pretty proud of their rigs though.

I think the price is high and I would keep looking. When I was searching for mine, I looked at ebay (and autotrader) everyday for 3 months and kept a record of the selling prices. Lexus usually sells for $300-$500 less than the same year LC and they normally had about 10K more miles for the same model year. I bought my 97 Collector's Edition in Jun with factory lockers, 151K miles for $5600. Good shape inside and out, never offroad, clean CARFAX, no rust. Only minor stuff like the power antenna needed replacing and it was missing the plastic button needed to make the PS power seat work. The tires were just a few months old and my wheels had all four center pieces. Again, I would keep looking, there are plenty out there if your not in a rush. Just relating my buying experience.

Bought mine back in Oct. paid right at 10k for her. The LX had only 117k on the clock, and was show room new even had new stock tires, and recovered front seat. The Lexus dealer here in town had the service records on it. Did have a O2 go out the second week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom