Good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80s got a semi float rear, you’re kind of limited on tire size anyway. So you’re not doing any rock crawling anyway. So why not get something that gets better mileage, rides better, and is safer?

And everything you listed from the 1fz, a343, obdII, air bags, and full float rear are upgrades. There’s a very good reason why most people who wheel spend the extra money and get fzj80s. It’s an overall better package.
why am i limited on tire size with semi float? I am running 37s, beadlocks, and my rig is perfect the way it sits right now and have never broken an axle, knock on wood, but i carry spare axles with me, and i wheel often w/ Jeeps on 40s and never feel the need to upgrade. I am not saying i won't if i ended up with 40s and v8 down the road,. but for now, it will keep up and go anywhere i needed to and have been to Rubicon, Moab and back and all the Trails up and down the West coast and have never let me down.. I am sure FZJ-80 is a better design, its newer. But for what i do, mostly rock crawl, dirt, it is perfect. I am sure the 1fz-fe is smoother on the highway, can probably go a few miles faster up steep grade, but at the end of the day, when your loaded with gear, bumper. armor, larger tires, you are gonna be slow up hill, unless you have a V8. I am happy with how my rig rides, 60mph uphill, w/ AC. 75mph on highway, and the 3FE is awesome on dirt....and it is RELIABLE. Not to mention, the cheaper price of the 3FE allows me to spend the extra on upgrades.

cheers.

why am i limited on tire size with semi float? I am running 37s, beadlocks, and my rig is perfect the way it sits right now and have never broken an axle, knock on wood, but i carry spare axles with me, and i wheel often w/ Jeeps on 40s and never feel the need to upgrade. I am not saying i won't if i ended up with 40s and v8 down the road,. but for now, it will keep up and go anywhere i needed to and have been to Rubicon, Moab and back and all the Trails up and down the West coast and have never let me down.. I am sure FZJ-80 is a better design, its newer. But for what i do, mostly rock crawl, dirt, it is perfect. I am sure the 1fz-fe is smoother on the highway, can probably go a few miles faster up steep grade, but at the end of the day, when your loaded with gear, bumper. armor, larger tires, you are gonna be slow up hill, unless you have a V8. I am happy with how my rig rides, 60mph uphill, w/ AC. 75mph on highway, and the 3FE is awesome on dirt....and it is RELIABLE. Not to mention, the cheaper price of the 3FE allows me to spend the extra on upgrades.

cheers.

Ok

Sure brother. You 1fZ guys can't admit the fact that blown engines is a common theme on these, and think it is best thing since slice bread. I get it. Keep the value up since you own one. I would never get a 1fz just because of this...sure you can get your HGs replaced in your garage and sure it is no big deal, just like a regular PM...
I will take reliability over fear of a blown engine anyday. We aren't talking about a race car here...
I guess you won't understand what a clean non rust bucket rigs is like since you live in a rust bell.
Cheers, and carry on.
No I don't hate 1FZs, i just think some ppl on MUD just made things worst for the most part...

I don't care one bit about debating 1JZ vs 3FE, i've never even given that any thought personally. How am I trying to keep the value up when I said myself that your numbers are silly, I'm not even sure you read what I wrote. You're just on some weird angry tangent, a guy is asking for help and you're flat out giving bad advice.....that is all.

I don't care one bit about debating 1JZ vs 3FE, i've never even given that any thought personally. How am I trying to keep the value up when I said myself that your numbers are silly, I'm not even sure you read what I wrote. You're just on some weird angry tangent, a guy is asking for help and you're flat out giving bad advice....
I can argue the same. My numbers are from the search , and not made up one bit. The guy is asking for help and i am trying to give him my opinion since i have a 91. You are stuck on some 1FZ high man. get real.'
And what freaking bad advises are you talking about? I gave my honest truth between the 2 platforms, and if what i said hurt your feelings because you have a 1FZ and you hate that the truth be told, then you are no better than any 1fz snob on here.

I can argue the same. My numbers are from the search , and not made up one bit. The guy is asking for help and i am trying to give him my opinion since i have a 91. You are stuck on some 1FZ high man. get real.'
And what freaking bad advises are you talking about? I gave my honest truth between the 2 platforms, and if what i said hurt your feelings because you have a 1FZ and you hate that the truth be told, then you are no better than any 1fz snob on here.

Again I don't think you're reading anything I type....I don't care one bit about any debate of 1fz vs 3fe. Honestly this is just weird at this point, you win I'm not even going to bother, I think maybe you have some personal stuff going on and this just ended up being the place you're taking it out on....

I think maybe you have some personal stuff going on and this just ended up being the place you're taking it out on....
Do me a favor, don't ever patronize me again...
Here are some examples of prices going for the 3fe on the west coast. Like I said, I am just giving facts, none of this stuff were made up. It only takes you 2 mins to do your own search and quit your bit**ing.
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 FJ80 - cars & trucks - by owner -... - https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/beverly-hills-1992-toyota-land-cruiser/7490211459.html
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/north-hollywood-1991-toyota-land/7491617334.html

Do me a favor, don't ever patronize me again...
Here are some examples of prices going for the 3fe on the west coast. Like I said, I am just giving facts, none of this stuff were made up. It only takes you 2 mins to do your own search and quit your bit**ing.
1992 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 FJ80 - cars & trucks - by owner -... - https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/beverly-hills-1992-toyota-land-cruiser/7490211459.html
1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... - https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/north-hollywood-1991-toyota-land/7491617334.html

Do me a favor and don't ask me to do you favors, shouldn't even indulge you but these are outliers they are not the norm and what someone is asking doesn't mean they are actually getting that. Also the prices aren't the only things I spoke to about your silly remarks, it's just what you chose to pick out because you could actually find an argument in your favor, even if it doesn't actually apply.

Hope you end up working out whatever you have going on in life brother, stress and anger are terrible things but we all face hardships. Wish you the best god bless you......

Should not be worth more than $10,000.00. Assuming there is little or no rust. If there is a lot of rust - RUN!.
Remember that rust never gets better.

Do me a favor and don't ask me to do you favors, shouldn't even indulge you but these are outliers they are not the norm and what someone is asking doesn't mean they are actually getting that. Also the prices aren't the only things I spoke to about your silly remarks, it's just what you chose to pick out because you could actually find an argument in your favor, even if it doesn't actually apply.

Hope you end up working out whatever you have going on in life brother, stress and anger are terrible things but we all face hardships. Wish you the best god bless you......
Life is good. If ppl on here like you can just stop talking smack bout the 3fe and life will be a better place on MUD. And DO ME A FAVOR, don't tell me God Bless as i don't believe in GOD Brotha.

Life is good. If ppl on here like you can just stop talking smack bout the 3fe and life will be a better place on MUD. And DO ME A FAVOR, don't tell me God Bless as i don't believe in GOD Brotha.

Haha again I don't care about 3FE or 1JZ or which is better or any crap like that I have honestly never once in my head debated if one is better than the other nor will I ever care to, was just pointing how silly the things you said were and you obviously have some weird insecurity and decided I was somehow talking bad about 3FE engines......I'm laughing at that notion. I think the 3FE is a great engine! It was everything else you said that just didn't make any sense.

Brother I will pray for you and yours tonight, I hope whatever you are facing in life gets better. I will do you that favor brother.

Haha again I don't care about 3FE or 1JZ or which is better or any crap like that I have honestly never once in my head debated if one is better than the other nor will I ever care to, was just pointing how silly the things you said were and you obviously have some weird insecurity and decided I was somehow talking bad about 3FE engines......I'm laughing at that notion. I think the 3FE is a great engine! It was everything else you said that just didn't make any sense.

Brother I will pray for you and yours tonight, I hope whatever you are facing in life gets better. I will do you that favor brother.
You are as condescending as it gets man. Now you are saying you don't give a s*** about 1fz or 3fe, that's what they all say. I have seen the same song and dance. But guess what? You all do because I have seen this over the years in this forum and action speaks louder than words. Anyways. i am done here and i am sure ppl are tired of hearing this crap. I got to get ready for my wheeling trip this weekend w. my folks.
Happy trails

You are as condescending as it gets man. Now you are saying you don't give a s*** about 1fz or 3fe, that's what they all say. I have seen the same song and dance. But guess what? You all do because I have seen this over the years in this forum and action speaks louder than words. Anyways. i am done here and i am sure ppl are tired of hearing this crap. I got to get ready for my wheeling trip this weekend w. my folks.
Happy trails

I have not said one condescending thing about a 3FE engine in this thread, not a single one, go and read it over brother.....not in any thread ever actually! And even if I did.....wow does anyone really care that much about an engine to personally insult people over it?!

God bless you Marco!!!!

Ya freakin nut :cheers:

Last edited:
That's an $8k cruiser in my book, being generous. Like the clean cloth interior. I personally don't care for the 3FE unless you plan to swap to a manual transmission :cool: Not a hater, just not for me 👍

Last edited:
Haha, I'm with Marco on at least some of this stuff. Sure, the newer 80's have full float, bigger brakes, factory lockers, etc. But I've put big tires on an FJ60 and didn't break an axle. The thing even managed to stop too! Factory lockers are important to collectors, but *lockers* whether they came from Mr. T or from your favorite aftermarket supplier, are what matter to the people who use them.

Haha, I'm with Marco on at least some of this stuff. Sure, the newer 80's have full float, bigger brakes, factory lockers, etc. But I've put big tires on an FJ60 and didn't break an axle. The thing even managed to stop too! Factory lockers are important to collectors, but *lockers* whether they came from Mr. T or from your favorite aftermarket supplier, are what matter to the people who use them.
I use my cruiser to rock crawl, camping and mostly family trips. If I do none of the above, I would never own one or even spend time on this forum for that matter. With this being said, I am not a collector and all my vehicles get used for their potential. Whether it is my RX-7, M3 or my 3FE. They are all put to good use and be driven hard, on the track or on rocks. I am not here to make money off my products and need to promote a certain platform for profits like many on here, so I speak from my personal experience with the platforms I am familiar with and that being the 3FE. If you don't like what i said, so be it, but you better be prepared to back your s*** up....

Holy F people, just buy a 1FZ and a 3FE. Then bitch about the issues they BOTH have.

BUT they're a hell of a lot better than the other garbage out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom