Good Deal? 05' LX470 $13k 173k miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

First post here. I have been eyeing LX470's for a few years and came upon this one(local). The vehicle has been maintained at Lexus dealerships since purchase and the current seller(2nd owner) purchasing in November 2019 but is selling as they can't afford payments w/ coronavirus pandemic going on.

The asking price is $13k, with 173k miles and is blizzard pearl on tan which is my preferred combo. It seems like a good deal, timing belt done at 106k and the AHC fluid has been serviced at regular intervals(although its ready for the 180k service). The front seats need some work but as I understand this can be done for a few hundred dollar per seat. Mechanically the car seems to be solid and hasn't been off road per seller. The original owner put 160k miles on and maintained at Lexus dealership- I reviewed the service records-front and rear shocks replaced as well. Recent brakes and newer Michelin tires.

Antyhing I should look for when driving the car besides the usual? Seems like something worth biting on?

Thank you,

Shane

There are a lot of threads on what to look for. Also here are a few sticky's to read which are at the top of the technical forum.

The FAQ addresses all of your questions above and should give you enough to look at the vehicle with an educated eye. After you check it I'd recommend only looking at FMV in your area. You will get a variety of prices on here and with everyone having bought their LC at a different time with a bevy of different conditions.

1588280462383.png

Just bought a blizzard 05 in Tucson a few months ago. I paid more than that for a truck with 135k miles and some sizable expenses due.

Last edited:
Good deal if it checks out. I’d get a mechanic to check it just in case.

Bought my '05 for $1,000 more with a little less mileage & about the same maint. history. Looks like it a good deal.

You're going to get everyone's $.02 on price which is entirely subjective and is coming from people all over the U.S.

Learn what you can to inspect it via the FAQ, bring it to a reputable local shop for a PPI and ask them what they think of it. Make a list of things it needs, try to negotiate based on those items and be aware that if it's in as good of shape as it sounds that you may pay a premium. Paying a little extra is a whole lot better than buying a heap for less. A bad 100 will drain a bank account while a good one will be very cheap to own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom