Good aftermarket radio (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My factory radio is starting to make a whining noise on and off. Sounds like an electric motor going out .I love the factory look but am torn between finding a replacement or going aftermarket. Any advice? Pics etc....

Buy another Used one of the same modle # on ebay , If u buy from a reputable supplier / seller u should be ok

The Scion unit is apparently the exact same double DIN size head unit without having to add one of those Crutchfield bezel adapters.

SC0411XB-KZKSADXX-2.jpg

I think I am just going to go back factory .

A whine may not be the radio, but the alternator or filter between the alternator and the radio. Especially possible if the whine changes tone as the engine revs.

A whine may not be the radio, but the alternator or filter between the alternator and the radio. Especially possible if the whine changes tone as the engine revs.
It's literally coming from the radio. I can feel it vibrating .it's not from the speakers. I'm going to pull it first and see if the noise stops .

i've been having similar noise, almost like a CD is still spinning or something. ALso my display just blacks out sometimes.

I've done complete system swaps builds in the past, but for my FJ just looked for a nice/cheap replacement and Crutch-field has a Pioneer unit for $200 + $70 for adapter to maintain steering wheel controls and aux input. Does everything I'm looking for, so I'll probably go that route.
Plus i like the additional camera input, eventually add one to my front bumper for when i'm on the trails and want to see right in front the truck.

on the fj cruiser blue forums you used to could score a stock unit for free to about 50 bucks.

A guy I follow on instagram put a tablet type touch screen unit in that looks to fit exact and he said was around 2-300 I believe. It looked nice enough that I considered doing and I usually dont care for things like upgraded radio. I think it had bluetooth as well

Might be easier to just pull the RADIO fuse than try to get to the back of the unit to pull plugs loose. What's funny is that there isn't anything in a car radio these days that would making noise - older radios had inverters to make power, but most of today's radios don't - they use bridge amps instead. - unless it's a CD player, too. And that motor only runs when a CD is inserted thus ejecting any CD would test that theory.

It's literally coming from the radio. I can feel it vibrating .it's not from the speakers. I'm going to pull it first and see if the noise stops .

Might be easier to just pull the RADIO fuse than try to get to the back of the unit to pull plugs loose. What's funny is that there isn't anything in a car radio these days that would making noise - older radios had inverters to make power, but most of today's radios don't - they use bridge amps instead. - unless it's a CD player, too. And that motor only runs when a CD is inserted thus ejecting any CD would test that theory.
It sounds like the CD player but I haven't messed with it yet. I agree the fuse is probably the easiest route.

Went with a Joying android unit. Super happy with aftermarket. It took me a bit to figure out the settings but after that's handled, everything has been cherry. My expandable memory and bluetooth work great for music, while passengers are happy when I put on a movie or youtube videos for them to watch

ROTM-10.JPG

Definitely an interesting interior. I like the tablet and phone mounts. And the mirror. Exterior pics?

Here's one more of the radio that I found. I Think it's the 8.5" screen that Joying offers. I hear the 10" would fit too with some trimming. My exterior looks like every other '07 silver out there lol.

20171202_141908-01.jpeg

FullSizeRender-2-01.jpeg

Reminds me of my old 07 except mine had the diamond plate trim. Love the titanium silver

FB_IMG_1454690873610.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom