Gonna tackle the PHH, got a question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Skillet

Skillet
Threads
Just received my PHH package from that online site someone posted.
www.1fzfephh.com
Probably a little more spendy than individual parts, but instead of running around I took the easy way out and it looks pretty nice.
Silicone hose, proper size with the loaded clamps.
Anyway, according to my paperwork, there was a new starter put in the vehicle about 13K ago.
Should I pull the starter and check it out at 13K or just leave it be?
I have had no problems with the starter or anything, just trying to cover my bases. But I am thinking, if it ain't broke...don't start wrenching on it.
What are your thoughts?

leave it, I think 90k is the magic mileage for starter...get it on you next PHH

Hey Whitey
One of the members here sent me the piece of hose I needed, but once I ordered the clamps and added shipping to Alaska the price of parts went way up, if the PHH kit you got was from the vender section here the price was fair if I remember correctly, and you don't need to source the differant parts which for me in ALaska can be very time consuming and frustrating.

If it was my truck, and I had none of the well documented symtoms of a starter going bad, I would leave my starter alone. 13K is not that much. I would though, order the parts from Dan just to have them on hand. The parts are cheap and the job is not that difficult when you do need to do it. The hardest part is getting the starter off the truck.

If you read the various threads about failing starters you will learn exactly what to be looking for, My Tacoma's starter did exactly like the various threads said it would do when it started going bad. The starter threads are very accurate and a good read so that you will be prepaired.

If my truck was showing any of the symptoms of a failing starter I Would change the contacts right away, If you ever open up a failing starter you will be able to see how the plunger can easily get stuck closed. Threads say it is a fire hazard.

Good luck on the PHH, use a little dish soap or KY.
Steven

If youre going to drop the starter to get to the PHH, id say crack open the hatch that houses the contacts and look at them. Even hit that area with electrocontact cleaner. It wouldnt hurt anything. I did my contacts about 2 months ago, and its not a big deal at all.

Whitey I got mine from the same place the hose is almost $9.00 a foot so I just goyt the kit.The shop is going to put it on when they put my engine back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom