Gonna start gathering parts for the SAS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan on using the All Pro 5 inch front and rear leaf package with all the goodies. I'm doing this rig right the first time. Now I need to get a front axle. Anyone have a line on 1? I will use a Toyota axle or retro-fit a dana 44.

BA

I plan on using the All Pro 5 inch front and rear leaf package with all the goodies. I'm doing this rig right the first time. Now I need to get a front axle. Anyone have a line on 1? I will use a Toyota axle or retro-fit a dana 44.

BA

Excellent choice BA. All-Pro makes a solid product. My rig now has alot of their suspension parts on it..and needless to say..it works.

No Dana!!! We'll help you find an axle.

I found I think a Solid axle front from a 1985 Toyota 1st gen 4runner up here at a bone yard, (missing the lockouts:))

Its at Cats auto parts in lansing here.

dont know if it helps.

No on the price, but i would imagine pretty cheap, its GM country up here, they would need to get the loader out to pull the rest of the carcass off of the ground, hit it with the torch and drop the axle out. It was burried in about two cars deep.

The bone yard info.
Cat's Part-S-Mart Plus Auto Salvage
5405 W Mount Hope Hwy, Lansing, 48917 - (517) 322-2350

They only had two toyotas in the yard, I was there probably a month or so ago. One was a celica, and this one. They stated they had a 78 but I could not find it amongst the other units.

Okay, got some free time and went to the junkyard, Got some locks and possibly a hitch for the bus

Good news, the 4 runner is still there, bad news its on the pile to be crushed. Dont know when but soon.
Price 150 bucks

You need to call them if its what you want, I wont be able to pull it or store it sorry. we will be at the hospital this weekend if the baby doesnt come on its own.
Axle1.jpg
Axle2.jpg
Axle3.jpg

Nuther,

The tie rod is bent as is the steering stabilizer.

As mentioned the lockouts are in my garage right now....

need a full rebuild on this. as when I pulled the lock outs gear oil came out with them, need new seals, rotors etc.

Hope this helps.

wwr
axle4.jpg

Well I'm still looking. If you happen to be in that bone yard again and have time to pull it, let me know. I will pay you extra since it is highly unlikely I could make it up there to pull it. For the rest of you, keep your eyes peeled for a front axle. Having to rebuild it is not a problem. Also, are there other "yota" options other than the 84 or 85 front axle? I didn't realize these axles are getting so rare.

BA

Well I'm still looking. If you happen to be in that bone yard again and have time to pull it, let me know. I will pay you extra since it is highly unlikely I could make it up there to pull it. For the rest of you, keep your eyes peeled for a front axle. Having to rebuild it is not a problem. Also, are there other "yota" options other than the 84 or 85 front axle? I didn't realize these axles are getting so rare.

BA

www.diamondaxle.com

:grinpimp:

I was back there last week for a new grill for the bus. burried 3 deep now and aint coming out.

Bitch of it was I did not look inside to see if it had a pitch/roll gauge....

Holy s***. $900 for a housing. Nice but a little rich for my cheap ass. Looks like I may be looking at other options. At this point I have nothing but time. BTW, I am installing a clutch this weekend. Fun Fun.

BA

Holy s***. $900 for a housing. Nice but a little rich for my cheap ass. Looks like I may be looking at other options. At this point I have nothing but time. BTW, I am installing a clutch this weekend. Fun Fun.

BA

BA,

If your having this much issue finding one...I know where there are several. Will be wheeling there Saturday night and will check the inventory.

I know for a fact there are 5-6 of these there...most are spoken for though.

Will get back with you on it.

Did a clutch myself 4 weeks ago. If you need to borrow my tranny jack let me know...it's the Napa one..real nice.

Thanks on the axle deal. I have searched and called boneyards and checked every off-road forum I can find on the web. Maybe, my timing is bad. I have a tranny jack, me laying on my back and bench pressing the tranny,:D . It can't be any heavier than my Jeep tranny and tcase. I may be pushing 40 but I'm still in pretty good shape.:rolleyes: Like I said, I'm in no hurry to get this rig built. Gonna take my time and build it right the first time.

BA

Thanks on the axle deal. I have searched and called boneyards and checked every off-road forum I can find on the web. Maybe, my timing is bad. I have a tranny jack, me laying on my back and bench pressing the tranny,:D . It can't be any heavier than my Jeep tranny and tcase. I may be pushing 40 but I'm still in pretty good shape.:rolleyes: Like I said, I'm in no hurry to get this rig built. Gonna take my time and build it right the first time.

BA

I'll holler at ya' on Monday when I get back in town.

Keep Looking they are out there. I wouldn't pay more then 150 for one. If it comes down to it you could go Wagoneer Dana 44 if you get desperate.

Keep Looking they are out there. I wouldn't pay more then 150 for one. If it comes down to it you could go Wagoneer Dana 44 if you get desperate.

We have a matching set of D44s at the shop...

I actually like the D44. They are easy to find parts for just about anywhere and there are tons of locker combinations.

BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom