GoldieHahn Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I knew I'd find ya on here! I am thinking about jumping up to 37's and had a question for you about your Treps; what kind of tread wear do you have and how many miles have you put on them? I want to be sure they aren't going to be a 15,000-mile tire before I spend $4500 on a set of them.

You guys thinking about doing a Rubicon run in 2023? There is a group of us from Kansas City going out for the TLCA Rubithon, wasn't sure if we'd see you all out there! Hope you are well!

I knew I'd find ya on here! I am thinking about jumping up to 37's and had a question for you about your Treps; what kind of tread wear do you have and how many miles have you put on them? I want to be sure they aren't going to be a 15,000-mile tire before I spend $4500 on a set of them.

You guys thinking about doing a Rubicon run in 2023? There is a group of us from Kansas City going out for the TLCA Rubithon, wasn't sure if we'd see you all out there! Hope you are well!
So not exactly sure how many miles I have on the Treps, we've driven from Washington State to do the Rubicon twice now, so that's a grip of miles,, plus all of the around town driving, other local trails etc.. I would say we are sitting around 12 to 15k miles right now, see picture below that I took this morning for treadwear. Not sure on Rubicon this year yet, I'll have to see how schedules line up with all of my buddies, proly my favorite trail I've done to date so would def like to get back out there soon. Sounds like a cool trip ya guys got planned, Rubicon is just epic, I'm sure you've seen my slideshows and threads on here for the Rubicon right? take care -Ken

DSC_4113.jpg

So not exactly sure how many miles I have on the Treps, we've driven from Washington State to do the Rubicon twice now, so that's a grip of miles,, plus all of the around town driving, other local trails etc.. I would say we are sitting around 12 to 15k miles right now, see picture below that I took this morning for treadwear. Not sure on Rubicon this year yet, I'll have to see how schedules line up with all of my buddies, proly my favorite trail I've done to date so would def like to get back out there soon. Sounds like a cool trip ya guys got planned, Rubicon is just epic, I'm sure you've seen my slideshows and threads on here for the Rubicon right? take care -Ken

View attachment 3232647
Thanks for the info! I’ve been drooling over your rubicon pictures since the first run you guys did. We’ll also be running Fordyce while we’re out there, so I think jumping to a more aggressive tire will be the right move.

With how well those tires are wearing I think that made the decision for me, now to start saving my pennies and then we’ll be ready to party this summer! 🤙

Took GoldieHahn out to Tahuya to stretch her legs and test the new setup on my oldest Daughter Em's 80 series...

i-FVbcxX7-X3.jpg

i-HLRKsdf-X3.jpg

i-JszL5fW-X3.jpg

i-n38fTQx-X4.jpg

i-pkHczHS-X3.jpg

Unrelated to the build, but I ran into your brother at a gas station near CO Springs a couple weeks ago. Said he’s been driving around with a blown front diff and no hub flanges for a few months, didn’t give a $hit about dirt etc. getting in the wheel bearings 😂
Funny thing is I met up with him in Moab and he ran Fins and Things and most of Steel bender with his front 3rd member at home on the dinning room table, dude was tackling s*** in 2wd with a rear locker working some of the time due to an air leak, pretty epic to see!

i-qk9k7zk-X3.jpg

i-vgjz246-X3.jpg

i-tPVwqkK-X3.jpg

i-x2Q9dfZ-X4.jpg

Last edited:
for the back we just taped it off and plastidipped all the chrome, did the same for the roof rack and front grill. Plasitdip holds up pretty well but ya may have to repeat the process every couple 2 or 3 years if ya want it to look clean. Hope this helps, let me know if ya got more questions, took us about an hour to do...
View attachment 2395429View attachment 2395430View attachment 2395431
I know this is older but hoping you see this. I dipped all the back emblems and they look great. I wanted to do the chrome trim on the back too but I didn't see how that would work? I thought for the dip to peel you need a small gap like you have on the emblems since they are two piece (emblem sitting on top of the body). The chrome trim, on the inside, seems like it's flush and not a separate piece (like it's painted on). Does that sound right? Looks like it peeled just fine for you. I might need to try since that chrome is really bugging me!

I know this is older but hoping you see this. I dipped all the back emblems and they look great. I wanted to do the chrome trim on the back too but I didn't see how that would work? I thought for the dip to peel you need a small gap like you have on the emblems since they are two piece (emblem sitting on top of the body). The chrome trim, on the inside, seems like it's flush and not a separate piece (like it's painted on). Does that sound right? Looks like it peeled just fine for you. I might need to try since that chrome is really bugging me!
I did peel off pretty good around that spot and we also did tape it off so that helped. Any over spray areas you can usually clean up really quick with a dish sponge dealeo. Yes I despise chrome also, it all must go!:)

I did peel off pretty good around that spot and we also did tape it off so that helped. Any over spray areas you can usually clean up really quick with a dish sponge dealeo. Yes I despise chrome also, it all must go!:)
Guess I can give it a try and see how good I am with taping rounded corners! Nice thing about this stuff is it peels/rubs off if you don't like it or mess up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom