For Sale Golden, CO: 1979 BJ40 Body-off Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(119, 162, 209)
Outside Link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14qkxzWwawDiZhzewdIFwzBe7Np-qxS05?usp=sharing
1979 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ40 - body-off restored in French Racing Blue over gray cloth, and a rebuilt 3.0-liter "B" diesel inline-four paired with a four-speed manual transmission. Features include a partial roll cage, removable bikini top, 15″ steel wheels with Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT All-Terrain 32X11.50 tires, forward facing rear seats with shoulder belts for passenger safety, and a tailgate. The 4-speed transmission has a new clutch assembly, the brakes are disc up front and drum in back, power steering, and Warn locker ups in front. The seats are covered in Sunbrella fabric and the odometer is new (along with the rebuilt engine). Prior to the restoration the vehicle had about 140000km on it.

There's no bondo anywhere on the body and the frame was sand-blasted and seal-coated, and it's super clean underneath. I have over 100 pictures of the restoration in progress over the last year - the tub and several panels are brand new stamped metal, made from scratch.

Pre-restoration, restoration progress, and post-restoration pics should be attached to this ad
PXL_20211120_175656153.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211120_175723589.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211120_175850727.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211120_175930754.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211202_185417106.jpg

This is a Japanese-built model, not South American/Brazil built. The rebuild was done right before shipping, I finally received it in Colorado in October, just in time for the snow so it hasn't really been driven much - literally just a handful of kilometers on it. Per state regulations, I just had the emissions tested and the diesel technician reported that not only it passed, but the emissions were the lowest he'd ever seen on a truck this age.

I bought this rig in 2020 while living in Costa Rica for myself, and had it built to my own preferences and specs. Unfortunately when we moved back to Colorado we just don't have the room to store it in our garage, and we have other priorities.

I can help arrange shipping or delivery for out-of-state buyers.

Oops. Shoulda had more coffee. Can't seem to edit the post, where's that feature?

$34K

What is that back seat out of?
Not sure; I'll have to ask my resto guy in San Jose. I wanted something safe for my kids to ride in back, so it has shoulder belts mounted to the roll bar. The back seats are also latched to the bar and do fold down fully too, which is nice. Will post the make/model of the source vehicle when he gets back to me.

Not sure; I'll have to ask my resto guy in San Jose. I wanted something safe for my kids to ride in back, so it has shoulder belts mounted to the roll bar. The back seats are also latched to the bar and do fold down fully too, which is nice. Will post the make/model of the source vehicle when he gets back to me.
The latches on the cage are a pretty cool idea. Looks like a seat from a hatchback or something.

First of all, that’s a pre - 79 tub. Probably the whole thing is 78 or older.
Based on the VIN stamped on the frame, it was built in early 1979. A lot of the body was re-fabricated from scratch, as the resto pics show.

Thanks for the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom